Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
sandaddiction

Sub Improvement

Recommended Posts

sandaddiction

What can be done to improve the Rockford sub in a 2016 LSV?  I am adding 4 Rev 10s and want the bass to be comparable.  

How is the Rockford sub with a new box and amp?  If I upgrade, what should I upgrade to (sub & amp)?

What benefits will I get by adding a WS-420 BT?  What will I be giving up?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
MLA
11 minutes ago, sandaddiction said:

What can be done to improve the Rockford sub in a 2016 LSV?  I am adding 4 Rev 10s and want the bass to be comparable.  

How is the Rockford sub with a new box and amp?  If I upgrade, what should I upgrade to (sub & amp)?

In a proper sealed enclosure and a solid 500W rms, the rockford 12 is a nice woofer. However, based on the highlighted, I dont think its going to meet your goals. Wet Sounds XS-12, ported enclosure, Syn-DX2

15 minutes ago, sandaddiction said:

What benefits will I get by adding a WS-420 BT?  What will I be giving up

3 zone volume control at your fingertips, is the biggest. Pre-amp line level boost. Dual EQ so you can adjust the tower zone without effecting the in-boats. Wont give up a thing.   

Share this post


Link to post
sandaddiction

I've read some posts that by installing a WS 420, you lose some controls from the dash.  Was this just on older boats or older WS 420s?

Share this post


Link to post
MLA

The WS-420 goes between the main source unit, what used to be called the deck or head unit, and the amps. Nothing is lost, but how some features are now used, will change. 

Share this post


Link to post
jbcanski2
3 hours ago, MLA said:

The WS-420 goes between the main source unit, what used to be called the deck or head unit, and the amps. Nothing is lost, but how some features are now used, will change. 

What he said.

Share this post


Link to post
sandaddiction

How is the Wetsounds XS-XXXV2?

Share this post


Link to post
MLA
4 hours ago, sandaddiction said:

How is the Wetsounds XS-XXXV2?

I recently had the opportunity to demo the XXXv2 in a ported enclosure driven by a Kicker KX2400.1. Woofer was wired to 4 ohm, so amp delivered 1200W rms at a VERY comfortable pace.  It is the top dog in terms of a full marine built woofer, nothing else out there like it thats bult from the ground up as marine. Now, does that mean ever boat needs marine built? no, but they have their pluses. The XXXv2 handle tons of power, does not require a huge ported enclosure. Definitely worth a look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Fffrank
2 hours ago, MLA said:

I recently had the opportunity to demo the XXXv2 in a ported enclosure driven by a Kicker KX2400.1. Woofer was wired to 4 ohm, so amp delivered 1200W rms at a VERY comfortable pace.  It is the top dog in terms of a full marine built woofer, nothing else out there like it thats bult from the ground up as marine. Now, does that mean ever boat needs marine built? no, but they have their pluses. The XXXv2 handle tons of power, does not require a huge ported enclosure. Definitely worth a look. 

What's your preference in a similar non marine woofer?

Share this post


Link to post
dielawn

Just last week I upgraded my Stock 22VLX sub box to the recommended QBOMB 12" enclosure endorsed by the TMC, and it changed the sub sound 150% better than the crap stock sub box. I highly recommended it. It was about 60$ I believe. Easy install/upgrade. The Stock 12" rockford sub and amp are actually very good in the proper enclosure.

 

I also installed a WS420 and this is a must for every boat as stated above.

Share this post


Link to post
ConnollyCrew
On August 30, 2016 at 9:37 PM, MLA said:

In a proper sealed enclosure and a solid 500W rms, the rockford 12 is a nice woofer. However, based on the highlighted, I dont think its going to meet your goals. Wet Sounds XS-12, ported enclosure, Syn-DX2

3 zone volume control at your fingertips, is the biggest. Pre-amp line level boost. Dual EQ so you can adjust the tower zone without effecting the in-boats. Wont give up a thing.   

Mike is correct, that sub setup will keep up with your revs and sq will be great! 

Edited by ConnollyCrew

Share this post


Link to post
dpbremer
On 8/31/2016 at 0:34 AM, dielawn said:

Just last week I upgraded my Stock 22VLX sub box to the recommended QBOMB 12" enclosure endorsed by the TMC, and it changed the sub sound 150% better than the crap stock sub box. I highly recommended it. It was about 60$ I believe. Easy install/upgrade. The Stock 12" rockford sub and amp are actually very good in the proper enclosure.

 

I also installed a WS420 and this is a must for every boat as stated above.

dielawn, do you have any pictures of your 22VLX with the QBOMB enclosure? What mods did you have to do to make it fit? Did you use the same Malibu carpeted face plate? Also, how did you mount the WS420?

I am curious as I have a 22VLX and want to do the same modifications, so any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thx!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...