Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Decisions

wakinvol

I just posted my 21 XTI in the classifieds. I have always had some type of boat, but as we become increasingly busy it's hard to find time to use it. I am considering a pool if it sells. At least then we can get wet and not have to leave the house. I may regret it if it sells, but they make them every day. Plus...i've got friends with boats so it won't be the end of the world.  

Bummer...my buddy at work had a pool put in guessing about 150k..he wasn't enthused about it but the missus was.  He said he would keep the pool for a couple of years then fill it in...I know he was joking but...tough decision for you.  Boats are a lot of work but so are pools.  Good luck!

Or you could do what we did: Buy an above ground pool and axis boat?  You can swim in an above ground just like in-ground and you can do watersports behind an Axis just like a Malibu.

We definitely spend more time maintaining the pool than the boat. 

• Like 1

Since I got the Titan XD I have lost some basement storage space...in the "old" days I could keep the boat, Jeep, and my mower trailer all protected. The truck is just too big so I have to beg a warehouse space for the boat. Which is good most of the time, but my buddy says he needs the space for a little while so my boat is homeless. My OCD won't let it stay outside, so I gotta find a place to keep it. Just a pain in the rear end. 

My dad made our above ground pool sick.  He dug out another foot or two, put all sand underneath threw away the crap pump/ filter bought a real system from the pool store, solar heater on roof, solar cover.  I'd guess he was $1500 - 2000 in and we had a nice pool to chill in.  I'm with you on work of a boat though, it becomes a chore for us too.  Still love it though 

yup. They are in football, baseball, or basketball... We have (4) so it's a seasonal thing that for the most part goes year round!!!