Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Doomswell "ugly duckling" sale

bamaboy

On 8/28/2016 at 1:23 PM, bamaboy said:

I'm not sure about that.  

Yeah, the neo was what I was looking at.  The hybrid one looks cool too.  

at 400 bucks it is tempting

I have an older Neo and a Nubstep.... Have not ridden the new Neo as of yet... I love my Nubstep, but I am an aggressive rider... The Neo has more rocker, the Nubstep is fast as @#$%!!

1 hour ago, pauley71 said:

Interesting that I ordered a board and got a shipping label and I thought GREAT, 3 days ground to VA .. I will have it by Labor Day weekend.  Well they created the label but still haven't shipped it!  No chance of making it now.... :(

SAME for me.... pretty upset about that.  I was told they are all going out today. 

Edited by CFH

Just got my Doomswell and I didn't get what I ordered.  I ordered a blue spark plug and got an all white one.  Not very happy ... I get that its a blem but it wasn't free!

@CFHDid you get what you ordered?

Not only was mine the wrong color but after a 1/2 day in the sun it started to turn pee yellow.  When I asked, they said the blem was that they forgot the UV stabilizer and therefore they will yellow.  I think this is a defect, not a blem.  Is this going to cause structural or cracking issues down the road?

I wouldn't recommend the blems .. heck, after the customer service .. I wouldn't recommend Doomswell! 

Edited by pauley71

I got the correct board, and mind shipped out right away.  As far as the blem, cosmetically, the lines on the bottom have a section that are not straight.  So from that stand point not a big deal at all.

We will be out this week end, so I will find out if it discolors at that time. Even if it turns yellow i doubt that would really bother me.  Now if cracks or has structural issues later on, that will be a different story, but not something I'm worried about yet.

1 hour ago, tvano said:

is there a topical uv stabilizer or protective coating you can add now?

Spray it regularly with 303.  Just keep it off the pad so your feet don't slip.  

• 2 weeks later...