Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Other Source for 1 1/8" ballast hose

vanamp

I am in need of some additional 1 1/8" ballast hose but wakemakers shipping will take a little too long (the shipping upgrades start at $30+ to get it here quicker)for me to complete my project in time for the long weekend.  Is there any other source for this stuff?  I already have some of the clear installed so I would like it to match that but its not a deal breaker if it is the black stuff.  This kind of looks like the stuff but not smooth on the outside??:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/mpi-141-1180-corrugated-1-1-8-inch-id-black-clear-pvc-boat-bilge-vac-hose-ft

Anyone know of any other sources for this stuff

Nah, you dont want that type. Only last 3-4 season depending on temp extremes. You want a hose that has the ribs totally encapsulated in the vinyl. Much stronger and last longer. 

I found a source when putting my balast system in - but it's on my work computer. Will post Tues if you haven't found something by then. Industial tubing supplier. Same stuff Bakes and Wake Makers sells, just bigger.

If you are running aerators you dont specifically need ballast hose. Any hose shop should be able to help you out. Silicone radiator hose is nice to work.

Vacuum from an impeller pump is only part of it. Anything other than a coil reinforced hose (and flex-pvc which aint really hose) will collapse in a tight bend. Both aerator and impeller systems will have tight bends. Non coil reinforced hose will collapse in hot temps, regardless of pump type used.