Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Limp Mode

First time out on our new to us 2014 T22 and the tachometer lit up and it went into limp mode. We were all able to surf at least once before we were forced to shut it down. Was even able to get my 56 year old mother up for her first time. Luckily I was able to get off the lake no problem. I did pull the code, it's spn 94 fmi 15. Per dealers suggestions checked all fluids and they are good, battery connections are solid. Anybody ever had this code before? I'll be taking it down to the dealer on Tuesday but it's pretty frustrating to have your first trip cut short. My 2005 SANTE never let me down. Hoping I don't end up regretting the upgrade. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spn 94 fmi 15 is the dtc for fuel pressure data valid but above normal range (least severe).  It is triggered and remains active if the ecm detects the fuel pressure is 6 psi or more above the desired fuel pressure for more than 10 seconds.  It can be caused by a faulty fuel pressure regulator, pressure sensor, or wiring / connection issues on the sensor harness.  The MIL light will turn off after 3 run cycles with no failure or by using the diacom scan tool to clear it.  The 05 SANTE did not have any of the fuel monitoring or emissions controls your Axis has, so the ECM would not alert you if there was a fuel issue, the motor would just run poorly or stopped running.

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply csleaver. We couldn't get it to clear on the lake. Good news is that the motor is still under warranty. I just hope the dealer will be able to get it sorted out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well the dealer got it sorted out. It was the fuel pump. Big thanks to Phil at Boulder Boats in Mesa, Az. I won't go into details but we ran into some obstacles and they stood by their word and pulled through when it mattered most, something you don't see too often these days.

Edited by Tdent450