Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skied behind a Response TXI for the first time.

sunvalleylaw

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Very nice! I love our TXi. And yes you have to work with zero off, you can't muscle it around like perfect pass :). Once you get used to it, I found it to be easier and more efficient. 

Very interesting on the Zero OFf.  I am imagining that to learn to work with it, you have to learn to be more efficient, and used more stacked form and leverage with weight over the front foot enough rather than pull back on the boat, and that the net effect will be more efficient.  I can see how Zero Off forces you to do this, so is instant feedback in terms of learning to be more efficient.  

11 minutes ago, ejj said:

If you look at the current pros, they are skiing with more finesse versus Lapointe who used to muscle his way and hammer the course. 

Yeah, LaPointe (Bob) was my big influence, as I studied his videotape he made with Mike Suyderhoud a lot in trying to learn to ski.  

ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

Very interesting on the Zero OFf.  I am imagining that to learn to work with it, you have to learn to be more efficient, and used more stacked form and leverage with weight over the front foot enough rather than pull back on the boat, and that the net effect will be more efficient.  I can see how Zero Off forces you to do this, so is instant feedback in terms of learning to be more efficient.  

Pretty much. It's all about transitioning off the second wakr to make a good edge change getting the ski to cast out early so you can move up of the ski with some counter rotation to let these new skis carve a nice turn around the buoy right back to the handle. Then progressively loading the line to the wakes. The boy is your biggest tool in the slalom course, might as well use it to your advantage. Nate smith explained it really well in one issue of waterski magazine. 

• Like 1