Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 VLX price?

popsdz

I'm looking at a 2014 VLX and just wanted some expert feed back before I pull the trigger. 

Here are a few details 

-80hrs

-surfgate

-450 hp 

-4 tower speakers with tower lights

-nice trailer with rims and a spare

If I can get it under 70,000 is it a good buy? I cant find anything I like within 2 days drive. 

Thanks 

I just bought a 2013 with similar specs except the engine upgrade. I was looking half the summer. $70k seems like a fair price. I paid a little less but mine is a year older and had double the hours.

I bought mine new at the end of 2014 for the low 70's. Had the stock 350 Monsoon and the stock stereo. I just saw Malibu is selling new 2017's 21 VLX for $79,000. May be worth a look. Seemed fairly well equipped. 

18 hours ago, popsdz said:

I'm looking at a 2014 VLX and just wanted some expert feed back before I pull the trigger. 

Here are a few details 

-80hrs

-surfgate

-450 hp 

-4 tower speakers with tower lights

-nice trailer with rims and a spare

If I can get it under 70,000 is it a good buy? I cant find anything I like within 2 days drive. 

Thanks 

Seems like a good buy to me too.

• 1 month later...

Whats the best method to remove the registration numbers a Wood chisel or a screwdriver? And yes I will put the new ones below the rail. Also need input on a sky ski rack for this tower. I have a comptech rack but not sure if it will work on the new towers.

Don't scrape at the stickers or you have a chance at damaging your gel coat. I would start by leaving it out in the sun to warm up or taking a hair dryer to warm up the stickers and try to peel them off with your fingernails 

Looks awesome!

NO TOOLS!!! Seriously don't even think about laying a tool on the gelcoat. As said you can try and heating up or even use goo gone. Shouldn't be hard at all. 

On 10/24/2016 at 8:17 PM, popsdz said:

Whats the best method to remove the registration numbers a Wood chisel or a screwdriver? And yes I will put the new ones below the rail. Also need input on a sky ski rack for this tower. I have a comptech rack but not sure if it will work on the new towers.

You can't be serious..... wood chisel??? Screwdriver??? No.... you can't possibly be that blonde. Or can you??? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to use any tool to remove the registration numbers. I have not had time to remove them yet I'm busy trying to put some elk in the freezer. Next week I'm going to work on the boat and start dreaming of spring.