Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Side Nets?

pennery

I keep seeing that most of the newer responses have "nets" that go down the sides of the walkways. Can someone tell me where to get them and how they are attached. I would like to get some for my Echelon.

I would be interested to see how they look in your Echelon. I have thought about it myself, but never acted on it. Post some pictures if you get nets for yours.

Does any one know of anywhere other than the dealer. My dealer here is always looking for an arm and a leg for everything and I know they won't have these in stock anyways. So I figure I may as well just order them direct from somewhere and hopefully get a better price on them.

I will post some pics for you if I find them..

This may not help you but, I'm using a rear cargo net out of a Nissan Pathfinder on my boat. It is kinda tall, though. Might wanna go to a "Sports Rack" type of place and see if they have cargo nets?

I called a dealer yesterday and they quoted me 1.50 per foot of the netting and guessed it was around 2.50 a foot for the bungee...I am still trying to find something for cheaper.

There is a bungi running through the top of the net with hooks on both ends. The hooks attach to selftapping screws that are screwed into the side of the gunnel behind the stereo and behind the rear armrest. They are anchored on the bottom by a weighted steel pole.

Here are a few pictures of the port side front and back.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3199133

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3199125

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3199123

Edited by Henken
Thanks for the pics that helps alot. It looks like a pretty basic install then.

If you plan on doing the install yourself, I would be very careful in installing the screws to deep and poking through the outside of your gelcoat.

Did anyone actually find the gunnel nets? I have been looking for replacment nets due to fraying and also the bungee cords have snapped. I was hoping someone could provide an update on this research. I have the nets that are in the pictures on this thread. Local Malibu dealer only has newer black nets, and the lengths are about 12" shorter then I have. Any help would be great.