Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV Ballast System Recommendation

Backslash900

We have an older model 23' LSV with a 325 hp monsoon & a wedge. Currently we are moving two 540 lb fat sacs around where needed and are sick and tired of manual filling. We are installing a ballast system and are unsure which is the best option.

Our thinking is either the Fly High 400 lb v-drive sacs in the lockers or two 750 lb sacs. And using one of the SL 540 lbs sacs we now have for the ski locker. We would then have a 540 lb sac to use as needed for surfing.

The question is - how much wt is needed for the older LSV's with the V25 Diamond hull, without putting undo strain on the drive? And, do the 750 lb sacs fit without popping out the engine dividers. Also, the v-drive lockers are a little short for the 50" 750 lb sacs (does that make a difference?). Finally, is the 540 lb SL sac the best for the ski locker?

The boat is used for wakeboarding 65%, wakeskating 30% and surfing about 5%. We have had some great installation advice, but would like specific advice on the correct amount of wt.

Edited by Backslash900

I have that same hull on my '03 WS23LSV.

I have 440 Launch pads in each rear trunk plumbed in.

And a sac in the locker that holds probably 350 -400 - also plumbed in.

The locker fill pump is 1100 gph with 1" id out so I put a hi output Y with valves so I can connect an extemporaneous hose to fill any other sacs in the boat with ease while filling the locker sac too.

Normally put a 200 in the bow walkway.

Drop the wedge and its a WORLD CLASS wakeboard wake.

Add 10 people and a sling and its a WORLD CLASS surf wake.