Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Actuators Install

Hey Guys,

My boat is currently at the dealer shop so they can trouble shoot my power wedge issue. From what I read on hear it sounds like my actuators need to be replaced. The dealer said it would be about $900 out the door for parts and labor to replace both actuators. It looks like I could order the actuators online for about $550, so I am wondering how hard it is to install them.

Anything I need to know about the install? 

You can get the actuators for around $400 and it is an easy task.  Several threads on it already, but here is one of the many.  If you google power wedge issues or power wedge actuator replacement you will find serveral to read up on (easier than using the search here)

• Like 3
15 hours ago, jwl019 said:

You can get the actuators for around $400 and it is an easy task.  Several threads on it already, but here is one of the many.  If you google power wedge issues or power wedge actuator replacement you will find serveral to read up on (easier than using the search here)

:plus1: it's pretty simple.  I'm swapping mine out this weekend and my boats on a lift so a tube will be my creeper and work bench :crazy: 

Edited by Ndawg12
  • Like 3

Took me an hour to swap out both last year. Bakes online has a PDF online to download to ensure proper alignment of wedge to mounting bracket, etc. Easy to do.

Edited by BlackBluMalibu