Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

height of 2016 22 vlx with G4 tower folded down while on trailer

Burn

12 hours ago, Burn said:

Anyone know the height of 2016 22 VLX with G4 tower folded down on the trailer?  Have 7ft garage, need to know if it will fit. Thanks!

The brochures the dealers have list the exact width and length of trailer and boat (with and without platform and height of tower folded ), I used it to measure my carport for my A20.  They don't show tongue folded length measure cause obviously shorter 

I'm not sure but doesn't the website have same ?? In brochure format?

Edited by granddaddy55
30 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Or order without a trailer and get a boatmate?  Seems like Malibu did something goofy with their new trailers that make them 3-4" taller

Is Malibu not using Boatmate trailers anymore?  That would be crazy considering that their factories are only a few miles from each other.  

Just now, oldjeep said:

Malibu manufactures their own trailers now

Wow, I didn't know that.  Thanks!  Any idea why they went that route?  Save money or issues with Boatmate trailers? 

I worked similar height issue earlier this year.    2016 23 LSV with G4 tower on "new" Malibu built trailer which is same height just longer.

Measurements and Clearance required Malibu trailer: 

Trailer with 18" wheels need > 7 ft 8 inches.    

Trailer with 14' wheels need > 7 ft 3 inches.        

Would Not Fit Standard garage door clearance of 7 feet.   My Dealer (AWS) actually was nice enough to bring boat out and try it with 14" trailer wheels.   Ended up spending ~$2500 to installed 8 foot high garage door so the new boat would fit.    Good luck.    

On August 25, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Burn said:

Anyone know the height of 2016 22 VLX with G4 tower folded down on the trailer?  Have 7ft garage, need to know if it will fit. Thanks!

2016 22 VLX with G4 tower on a 2016 Malibu trailer is 7' 1 1/4" per a conversation I had today with a customer.

When I set up my '14 23 LSV to go in & out of my 7' garage door, one of the things I did was clocked the spindles on the trailer to lower ride height by about 1.5", which still gave me clearance between inside of fender & top of tire & never had an issue.

If you did that, you will be in good shape.

Hope that helps, but you should make it.  Trailers can sit at different heights, but my research has proven that a folded G4 sits at 18" above the gunwale, so if you can referance the top deck of the boat by where the tower mounts & add 18", you will be accurate.

• 6 months later...

Potential Newbie question.  I am looking at a 17 22VLX; the G4 is an option, not standard, correct? If so, is the G3.5 tower any taller in, regards to clearance, than the G4? I have an 8' door but a an arched entry and an large bump up into my garage.  My minimum clearance is 88.5".  

Thanks all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2016 at 1:33 AM, Dan Lee said:

2016 22 VLX with G4 tower on a 2016 Malibu trailer is 7' 1 1/4" per a conversation I had today with a customer.

When I set up my '14 23 LSV to go in & out of my 7' garage door, one of the things I did was clocked the spindles on the trailer to lower ride height by about 1.5", which still gave me clearance between inside of fender & top of tire & never had an issue.

If you did that, you will be in good shape.

Hope that helps, but you should make it.  Trailers can sit at different heights, but my research has proven that a folded G4 sits at 18" above the gunwale, so if you can referance the top deck of the boat by where the tower mounts & add 18", you will be accurate.

What do you mean "clocked" the spindles? I will soon have a 16' 23LSV with 18" wheels and would really like to be able to get in my 7' garage. 

By the way, the Malibu website has the trailer specs loaded. According to this, I need to find 3-4" somewhere.

http://www.malibuboats.com/boats/wakesetter/23-lsv/trailer-specs.html

Edited by LS1boarder