Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'07 Response Lxi fuel gauge inaccuracy

Hi, I'm a relatively new Malibu owner and new to this forum. If I'm in the wrong place or breaking forum etiquette, apologies in advance. I have a 2007 Response LXI with a 340 Monsoon. According to the manual it has a 41 gal tank. When the gauge reads 0 and I go to gas up it will only take about 20 gal. I've read through a lot of articles on this site and searched the forums. It seems like fuel gauge inaccuracy is a common problem. I see lots of discussion about replacing the sender with an after market adjustable version but it seems the '07 model year has an all-in-one, pump / filter / regulator/ sending unit in the tank. Is there any way to tune or re-calibrate the fuel sender in this set up?

Thanks for the quick reply. When I look at the top of the gas tank under the little access panel in the ski locker I don't see a standard 5-hole SAE mounted fuel sender. I just see a larger, ~6" diameter plate that I assume is the in-tank fuel pump. It has what looks like a fuel pressure regulator, high pressure fuel line and some wires coming out. Is there a separate fuel sender mounted somewhere else? Do I need to remove more of the bottom of the ski locker to get to it? This is my first malibu but not my first boat. I've replaced senders before so I think I know what to look for but I don't see it.