Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Deadliest Catch featuring Malibu Wakesetter

wedge88

Anybody else catch the Deadliest Catch "Sig Hansen Legacy" tonight showing the Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV or 22VLX.  Hard to tell but pretty cool.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, wedge88 said:

Anybody else catch the Deadliest Catch "Sig Hansen Legacy" tonight showing the Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV or 22VLX.  Hard to tell but pretty cool.

Thought he was dead man walking in the beginning of episode, boat on lake might just save his life

It caught me off guard as well.  I was like "yeah he has a Malibu" and then I found myself wondering why he didn't have an M235.  He certainly has the money for it... He dropped $100k on his electrical panel in the Northwestern.

Edited by wedge88
32 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

It caught me off guard as well.  I was like "yeah he has a Malibu" and then I found myself wondering why he didn't have an M235.  He certainly has the money for it... He dropped $100k on his electrical panel in the Northwestern.

Speaking of people in the media having Malibu's.  Dan Bilzerian has been posting videos of him surfing behind his M235 on his Instagram.  

• Like 2
17 hours ago, wedge88 said:

Did you notice the 3 million dollar house?, rich working folk are rich causr they learn how to not spend so much. their not riding, Their boating. As he said , "this is my relaxation".   He is notoriously cheap on boat redo cause he had an Edgar, he as an adult grew up on it and can fix anything, when in last 10 or more years did you hear him even spend 100,000.00, Phil spent 60-100 per season cause he didn't have an Edgar 

Noticed the house more than the boat.  Wow. But I did notice in one of the shots they had an over the tower cover on the boat.  Anyone notice the first shot was an aerial shot of the lake with someone surfing?  Also noticed that they actually did have some boards in the rack on one of the dock shots.  

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Bigstic said:

Speaking of people in the media having Malibu's.  Dan Bilzerian has been posting videos of him surfing behind his M235 on his Instagram.  

Who is Dan Bilzerian???

Just now, buzzard said:

Who is Dan Bilzerian???

A single filthy rich young dude known for posting pics on Instagram. Said pics are usually of him in his lavish private jet with several lingerie-clad beauties. He plays professional poker, but I don't think he's won all his money from it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chatty21VLX said:

A single filthy rich young dude known for posting pics on Instagram. Said pics are usually of him in his lavish private jet with several lingerie-clad beauties. He plays professional poker, but I don't think he's won all his money from it.

As I recall daddy was a billionaire

17 minutes ago, Chatty21VLX said:

Received a bunch from his father- who went to jail for some kind of white collar crime to earn a lot of that money.

Edited by hunter77ah
Wikipedia
1 hour ago, NCVride said:

Noticed the house more than the boat.  Wow. But I did notice in one of the shots they had an over the tower cover on the boat.  Anyone notice the first shot was an aerial shot of the lake with someone surfing?  Also noticed that they actually did have some boards in the rack on one of the dock shots.  

Yeah it would be hard for Sig to do an interview if he was surfing...

The first shot of the front of the house, I was like....whoa whoa...he lives in that small thing and then they showed it from the water and I'm like, "that's more like it."

1 hour ago, wedge88 said:

Yeah it would be hard for Sig to do an interview if he was surfing...

His cig might get wet surfing!!

Edited by NCVride
5 hours ago, NCVride said:

Yes, all, it was glorious , and that tight no holes cover was sweet, that custom or a brand that is customized? Name?

Also I guess for privacy , we have scene that house front since at least the summer salmon Mandy and Sig replace Edgar episode( no idea what it was hiding). This is the ranch  style they used in 70's 80's for hillside multilevels, you just see the one story ranch. 

Man lot a hatin goin on heeere!

rich and filthy rich is good for all of us at all levels.  Cause them, we have an economy and they pay at their level 20% of tax burden yet they are the one percenters

Edited by granddaddy55
Just now, granddaddy55 said:

Yes, all, it was glorious , and that tight no holes cover was sweet, that custom or a brand that is customized? Name?

You need to send a question in for one of those viewer Q&A shows

"Hey Sig, the crab fishing is neat and all but what kind of cover is that on your Malibu?"

• Like 3
1 minute ago, oldjeep said:

You need to send a question in for one of those viewer Q&A shows

"Hey Sig, the crab fishing is neat and all but what kind of cover is that on your Malibu?"

Belly laugh, figured you bunch of experts would know!

Excuse length but that was an emotional watch for me

Best part was the new kid captain in fleet who's father died of ALS schooling sig on life.  I tried with my brother for the 6 years leading up

to his death to go live his life and screw the mega money, he would have died anyway , but 5 of 6 would have been awesome time for him and his 1st true love, but dead at Medicare age, now his children are rich , I'm glad for them but they want him back instead .  I'm sure the edit was not in time order, but hats off to the edit for the drama and story well done. 

As a currently underemployed contract bookkeeper and currently 20+ yr only Moderately successful health club owner, when making money or not in the last 16 years I think I have already had my retirement, I've snow ski/board for 17, water and wake for 34, and 5000 or more fish in 15 yrs of fishing I gave up to surf and wakeboard exclusively now. do it all now  before retirement and sometimes screw responsibility, 17 years ago I had shoe boxesssssss of money and no fun doing bodybuilding promotions , helping my wife become a champion, and running the gym 365 days a year. I would not go back and I would really like to have all those boxesssssss.

Last year ,7/1/15, I severely butterfly fractured my femur on a Flowrider I had 21 hours on, 22 hour minute one, oops , technically you explode the bone at or near the knee, on a knee that in 1985 I did the triad(mcl, ACL, cart,  so old arthritic and lots of scar tissue and reduced range of motion already). Nail surgery to stabilize, next day, surfing now started 3/28/16 per doctor but poss 3-7/2017 before the butterfly piece attaches for plyometrics and jumping the wakeboard. 

You never know when it's all over so never wait for that special time in life when less responsibility , shirk some responsibility and go have fun.  This episode only reinforced that for me.

Edited by granddaddy55

Si I'm guessing the folks out west who do axis standard covers(something lakes?)  are the ones or does Malibu have their own ?

8 minutes ago, TheRockofMaryland said:

great post daddy55

Thx, brother lived in Loudon county for 40+, me born in capital heights PG, I've been gone since he went to Leesburg.

we ride my axis and buddy's G year round, come party the big easy and surf snd ride

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1

I think @ronnie had one of the covers made.  My wife and I are thinking of having one made as well.  It would simplify our time at the slip - pull in, leave boards in racks, fold them in, cover and go.  Right now, all boards go on the floor, then rack covers and speaker covers go on, Bimini has to fold (which doesn't really slide in all that easily), then we cover and go. All while wrangling 3 kids 6 and under.  That cover looks like a good investment to us.