Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear PNP Vent Lines for Malibu 2015-2017

teamerickson

I added it my Axis but these Malibu bags go high in the locker. I might use some kind of flexible hose so it doesn't kink or cause problems with the bag. 

Edited by teamerickson
11 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Has anyone added vent lines for the rear PNP bags on 2015-2017 Malibu's? Looking for pictures and thoughts.

Thanks

What bags are you using?  I added them to my fly high 750's and it was a piece of cake. I just wyed into the factory vent of the rear tanks. 

12 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Probably the wakemakers that are T shaped and fill the locker. 

Maybe we don't need them?

Mine filled with air everytime and I always had to burp them. Since adding the vent line I don't even have to open the hatch. Just listen for water to over flow and I'm done. Not sure if they changed the 2016 set up but on the 2015 there is a wye in the factory fill line with one going to factory tank and other on a ball valve going to bag and 2 drain hoses on the bottom of bag connected to the top of the factory tank to gravity drain to. This way you can shut it off the fill and just fill factory tank if you wanted. The bag will not vent through the factory tank in the factory set up. 

Edited by wheelman

For what it's worth, I don't vent my WakeMakers bags. I had to burp them to get them to fill when I first started using them. The caps are vented but don't allow enough air to escape before the water fills the bags. I took all four caps off and cross drilled another hole opposite the side the existing hole is on. Now the air will escape and when water trickles out of the cap holes, the bags are full.

3 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Yeah you gotta factor in all the little extras to get it dialed in and sounding good. 

You thinking about a bow bag? 

Yeah I'll probably go with the @Fman front bow special!

I've got a few issues that I'm taking care of so I can't run my wakemakers bags 100% full right now, but I picked up some "kinetic air vents" for an irrigation system and they work well for venting when you run the ballast full. You still need to check and make sure you don't blow out the bags, but you don't need to manually vent the bags. Check out:

https://www.dripdepot.com/search?q=kinetic%20vent

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On August 24, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Stevo said:

I'll show u mine ... On Thursday 

edit: ok gross

WTF???

Remind me to not get on a boat with these two guys...

Edited by ConnollyCrew
On 8/24/2016 at 9:15 PM, mikeo said:

I've got a few issues that I'm taking care of so I can't run my wakemakers bags 100% full right now, but I picked up some "kinetic air vents" for an irrigation system and they work well for venting when you run the ballast full. You still need to check and make sure you don't blow out the bags, but you don't need to manually vent the bags. Check out:

https://www.dripdepot.com/search?q=kinetic%20vent

Do you run 1 per bag?

Dave

Just now, malibuskier2003 said:

Do you run 1 per bag?

Dave

Yes, 1 per bag. There is some minor dripping, but not any more/less than someone climbing in the boat without taking a minute on the platform. If you need to "burp" the bags it is easy to do once the cover is unscrewed from the vent; so far they work great for me.

Just now, mikeo said:

Yes, 1 per bag. There is some minor dripping, but not any more/less than someone climbing in the boat without taking a minute on the platform. If you need to "burp" the bags it is easy to do once the cover is unscrewed from the vent; so far they work great for me.

Do you still need to burp the bags with these in use?

Dave

Just now, malibuskier2003 said:

Do you still need to burp the bags with these in use?

Dave

Since the "ball" in the kinetic valve drops and lets air in when the bags are drained it can be helpful to burp them when used, and since I have a hatch cover open to make sure I'm not overfilling them it's easy enough to burp them. With any ventless system you want to make sure you don't overfill the bags since overfilling will cause damage (ruptured bag, water in boat, popped/broken engine divider, etc.)

Just now, teamerickson said:

Plumb the bags to the vent line. Much better. :)

The bags are plumbed into the hard tanks and those are vented.  However, water starts to spill out the vent before all the air has been forced out of the top of the custom bags so it's a bit of a guessing game as to when that is completed.  I'm just looking for a way to not have to lift the back deck if there is an easy solution.

Dave