Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Trucks

bamaboy

My wife decided she wanted to trade her 13' Yukon Denali in for a truck. We looked at pretty much every brand and let me tell you it really sucks being hounded by that many salesmen. She really liked the looks of the Raptor and I had her talked into waiting for the 17's to come out until she saw how wide they are and talked to a few people who own them. That was the truck I was most excited about, but probably not the best choice for a everyday vehicle trying to go thru the Chic-fil-a drive thru and parking at the mall. The Nissan Platinum diesel was 65k! I paid that for my Denali HD. That was the shortest time at a car lot I ever had. She really liked the Tundra TRD Pro, but they really don't offer the creature comforts she wanted (dvd, etc). She drove the GMC All Terrain with the 6.2, liked the truck but it doesn't have ac venting to the back seat (black truck in Texas/ kids) I don't know why they don't think about that when they design them. And for the F150 she just doesn't like the looks of the truck at all. So we ended up trading into a new Yukon Denali and I don't think she could be happier.

3 minutes ago, Tims said:

Dodge/Ram was the only truck to make the top 10 most expensive vehicles to operate list. 

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/06/top-10-most-expensive-cars-to-maintain-over-10-years.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=reg

Problem with those figures is that is the actual cost average over the last 10 years so it means they are looking at the 2006 and older Ram which had a ton of transmission issues.  Pretty meaningless list unless you are buying an old car or there is actually a car that hasn't changed in 10 years

According to YourMechanic, the top 20 most expensive car models all cost more than $10,000 to maintain over 10 years. Those estimates include expensive one-off costs, such as a transmission rebuild that skew the average higher. Still, it’s worth taking a look at the top 10 most expensive car models to maintain over 10 years in case you want to avoid some of them. Keep in mind, however, that this uses data on vehicles that are at least 10 years old, so improvements could have been made to those models since.

Edited by oldjeep
3 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Problem with those figures is that is the actual cost average over the last 10 years so it means they are looking at the 2006 and older Ram which had a ton of transmission issues.  Pretty meaningless list unless you are buying an old car or there is actually a car that hasn't changed in 10 years

Not sure it is meaningless. Historical trends are a fair data point to use when making a decision on a new truck purchase.  Then transmissions, now cam gear slippage on the Fiat diesel. 

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/3/28/Why-New-Ecodiesel-Owners-Need-To-Beware-Of-Engine-Failure-7732734/

Edited by Tims
13 minutes ago, Tims said:

Not sure it is meaningless. Historical trends are a fair data point to use when making a decision on a new truck purchase.  Then transmissions, now cam gear slippage on the Fiat diesel. 

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/3/28/Why-New-Ecodiesel-Owners-Need-To-Beware-Of-Engine-Failure-7732734/

Pretty meaningless in an apple to apple comparison - 2006 Hemi Ram compared to 2016 Hemi Ram.

Its like looking at all the plugs that F150's where shooting out of the heads in the early 2000's - doesn't say a thing about their current offerings.

The diesel is a whole new thing and has nothing to do with what Ram might have been doing in 2006 - pre fiat. 

A more interesting trend might be a 2-4 year span or a current generation span that shows the problems that their current generation might have.  But if they are mixing the numbers for Hemi, 4.7 and diesel problems all into the same bucket then the numbers are also pretty useless.

Edited by oldjeep