Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Trucks

bamaboy

9 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Nowadays in the half ton anyway its a ZF 8 speed.  If it doesn't say allison, I'd just assume have a ZF.

My 09 has the 545RFE, which is a 5 or 6 speed depending on how you look at it.

I had the first Gen power wagon back in 06? Loved the truck, hated the fuel economy. In fact it was the last gasser i owned, been all diesels since. The lockers on the truck were awesome, saved me so many times. I don't think I would want that truck with a cummins (not what it's for). I feel The added weight up front of the cummins would kill a lot of the off road ability it had. Oh and oj, there is nothing wrong with a truck being comfortable. Plus many people would make a strong case for 4 wheel drive being a requirement on a real truck ;)

Dodge/Ram was my last choice when I started, but ended up being my first choice and I also went the EcoDiesel!  I've logged about 8,000 miles, averaging 28-30 hwy 24 city with 3.92 gears. I pulled 32mpg's running 79mph through Central Calif! I searched far and wide and scored a Limited Long Horn with all options including Air Suspension for a heck of a lot less that I could find a GM or Ford.

Upside beside mileage.... Best ride and interior. I also like the trailer mirror design.

Downside....God awful RAM emblem on the tailgate and front grill looks like a pigs snout! Also, payload capacity is a little underwhelming.

I have 2 close friends with 2015/16 Ford EB's that I have spent hours of time in,many of them towing. They tow a bit better and are a bit snappier off the line, but they both question their purchase.

11 hours ago, REHinH20 said:

I'd suggest checking with Ford to see if they are reworking their keyed entry system.  150/250/350 are a hot item for thieves because the locks are so easy to pop.  I won't take mine to any larger communities, because they are disappearing left and right.  I even called the PD, and they flat out said don't bring the 250!  A problem Ford hasn't addressed in over 5 years.

Precsisly why I have REAR door handles in my front doors. No physical lock cylinders to punch.

Edited by Bawshogg
  • Like 2
On August 22, 2016 at 3:38 AM, bamaboy said:

That article says it's because of the winch.   Not enough room.

As for the raptor it would be hard not to wait for the 5.0 v8 Ecoboost

Will the F150s get these too?

Did I miss something, and Ford confirmed a 5.0 V8 EB?  I have a hard time imagining that will ever happen with CAFE requirements.

Me buying that would be like me buying an Aventador. Looks really cool, awesome capabilities, never use a quarter of what it has to offer. But is cool...

• 2 weeks later...
On August 23, 2016 at 1:29 PM, bamaboy said:

I hate the lettering on the seats of the Rebel and the Power Wagon.  Looks so freaking corny. 

Can't you get the air suspension on a normal Ram?  Do you mean the Rebel drove so nice?  

Do you have a standard 1500 Laramie with the 5.7 hemi 85?  How you like it?

Go buy a Ford. Ram sucks period.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Falko said:

HAs anyone bought a new Titan with the diesel?? I see them on the local car lot, just sitting there, not moving, collecting dust. I thought they were a pretty nice truck.

Whats the price on these new cummins powered titans?

7 minutes ago, 1HELLUVALIFE said:

Whats the price on these new cummins powered titans?

$45K to $60K MSRP for a 4X4 depending on trim. The Nissan dealers are ready to deal too, they don't exactly fly off the lot. Really nice trucks, they are on my short list.

1 hour ago, Falko said:

HAs anyone bought a new Titan with the diesel?? I see them on the local car lot, just sitting there, not moving, collecting dust. I thought they were a pretty nice truck.

Here is the problem - at least around here.  Someone looking for a truck is not anywhere near a Nissan lot, they sell to Nissan people wo decide they need a truck.

I just checked the local Nissan dealership, $6-8k off sticker before dealing, and that is on the diesel rigs. Not sure if the diesel is worth the extra money though, the standard 5.6 is pushing 400hp now.