Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Trucks

bamaboy

1 minute ago, surfdude said:

Raptor!!!

Sweet!  Pics?

Anything new on them for this year?

Does it get the twin turbo 5.0L V8?

Edited by bamaboy
54 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

So who's getting a new truck this year?  Any cool new features coming out on any of these rigs?  

I am intrigued by the Ram Power Wagon 2500.  That thing just looks sweet to me and has a ton of wonderfully unecessary add ons.  

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/putting-the-power-in-the-2017-ram-2500-power-wagon/

I just don't understand why dodge won't let you get the cummins in the power wagon. It's a 2500 chassis...what's the deal? I feel like they would sell a lot better if they did.

-a concerned cummins owner.

7 hours ago, Kmfish87 said:

I just don't understand why dodge won't let you get the cummins in the power wagon. It's a 2500 chassis...what's the deal? I feel like they would sell a lot better if they did.

-a concerned cummins owner.

That article says it's because of the winch.   Not enough room.

As for the raptor it would be hard not to wait for the 5.0 v8 Ecoboost

Will the F150s get these too?

I thought the F150 EB was the only truck on the market. 30 MPG towing 10,000lbs. And out-tows a 1 Ton Duramax all day long.

The Raptors really are a sweet rig. Anybody I've ever talked to that owns one loved it. When they originally came out, one of the dealers made a customer of mine take one for a day while his truck was in for service. After flooring it through a field and jumping it a couple of times, he came back to the dealership and told them to keep the keys to his other truck.

• Like 2

Raptor is a nice truck.  My brother-in-law is on his 2nd one and he uses the damn thing like a farm truck (seriously, it is never clean).

I was surprised how well they ride for the off-road oriented suspension.  Plenty of power - felt on par with my Escalade EXT.  I liked it a lot...they hold their value too well for my liking (I refuse to buy new).  If they ever drop in value I may consider one in a few years.

Ram's don't do much for me.  Sierra Denali is a nice rig but they sure as hell aren't giving those things away. :(

I know a couple guys with raptors and they are super fun to drive.  I would get one but the little bed makes it a no go for me.  I'm waiting for rhe new super duty trucks to get on lots in a few weeks.  I'll probably end up ordering a 250 crew cab log bed since I can't find any left over 2016's reasonably close.  I may still have my dealer see if they can find one, but I'm waiting to drive a 17 before I have then start looking.

power wagon is super cool....but no leather and no center console?  I drove a rebel a few times before I wound up with my laramie.  It was just a tad juvenile for my taste but the air suspension is incredible and rode so so nice.

38 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

power wagon is super cool....but no leather and no center console?  I drove a rebel a few times before I wound up with my laramie.  It was just a tad juvenile for my taste but the air suspension is incredible and rode so so nice.

Leather is for cars ;)  Not sure what you mean by no center console, looks like pretty much the same setup as my 2009. 

Expanded_Row2a_1201x421.jpg

• Like 1

Are the Power Wagons still geared super low? I know they used to be. It was great for towing and playing around in the bush. But for anything else they were absolutely horrid on fuel. I agree that they would have had a ton more success with these if you could get them with a Cummins.

18 minutes ago, MaliWop said:

Are the Power Wagons still geared super low? I know they used to be. It was great for towing and playing around in the bush. But for anything else they were absolutely horrid on fuel. I agree that they would have had a ton more success with these if you could get them with a Cummins.

The previous versions came with 4.56 gears, which counteracted the bigger tires that they were putting on that model.

46 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Leather is for cars ;)  Not sure what you mean by no center console, looks like pretty much the same setup as my 2009. 

Expanded_Row2a_1201x421.jpg

I mean the "real" center console not the flip up elbow rest type.

2 hours ago, stags79 said:

I know a couple guys with raptors and they are super fun to drive.  I would get one but the little bed makes it a no go for me.  I'm waiting for rhe new super duty trucks to get on lots in a few weeks.  I'll probably end up ordering a 250 crew cab log bed since I can't find any left over 2016's reasonably close.  I may still have my dealer see if they can find one, but I'm waiting to drive a 17 before I have then start looking.

I'd suggest checking with Ford to see if they are reworking their keyed entry system.  150/250/350 are a hot item for thieves because the locks are so easy to pop.  I won't take mine to any larger communities, because they are disappearing left and right.  I even called the PD, and they flat out said don't bring the 250!  A problem Ford hasn't addressed in over 5 years.

Just now, REHinH20 said:

I'd suggest checking with Ford to see if they are reworking their keyed entry system.  150/250/350 are a hot item for thieves because the locks are so easy to pop.  I won't take mine to any larger communities, because they are disappearing left and right.  I even called the PD, and they flat out said don't bring the 250!  A problem Ford hasn't addressed in over 5 years.

Luckily vehicle theft isn't a huge problem where I am in vermont.  I've actually forgotten to close my windows a number of times this summer with 2-3 pairs of oakley on the dash and everything has been there in the morning.  Not smart but atleast a little reassuring.  I also have also 110lb American bulldog that probably helps also bit when he's in the truck.

45 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I mean the "real" center console not the flip up elbow rest type.

Believe it or not, column shift, the extra center seat and that style console is a selling feature for people who want an actual truck.  Nice to see that it remains it at least some models.  Had to look for a while to find my SLT with that configuration.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MaliWop said:

I think the new ones are running 4.10's. With the bigger tires it might not be TOO bad. Not sure I'd spend the extra $$ on the Power Wagon, but the coloring is really cool....

3 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I hate the lettering on the seats of the Rebel and the Power Wagon.  Looks so freaking corny. 

Can't you get the air suspension on a normal Ram?  Do you mean the Rebel drove so nice?  

Do you have a standard 1500 Laramie with the 5.7 hemi 85?  How you like it?

Edited by bamaboy
25 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

I hate the lettering on the seats of the Rebel and the Power Wagon.  Looks so freaking corny. 

Can't you get the air suspension on a normal Ram?  Do you mean the Rebel drove so nice?  

Do you have a standard 1500 Laramie with the 5.7 hemi 85?  How you like it?

I thought I was going to dislike the seats on rebel too...but, its much better in person.  As is the vinyl.  Clearly trying to copy the TRD pro which you couldn't get leather in until this year.  Honestly, it looks pretty good I thought.  Much better than the pictures, especially the anodized red trim.

You can get the air suspension yes but it was the combination of the 33 inch tires and  17 inch wheels with the A/S that rode so well.  Plus the rebel goes into off road 2 mode, which is much higher than the "regular" trims by 2.2"  as I recall.

Yes, 1500 crew laramie 4x4 rambox hemi.  It's actually the second one I've had as I stupidly let my wife convince me to get her a yukon XL and let it do trailer duty and therefore I didn't need a truck...will be the last time I make that mistake.  My 2010 I put 75k on never a lick of trouble, interior was, in my opinion, the best, gets very passable fuel economy, and, again, in  my opinion, looks the best.  So, I replaced it.  And put on a $15 tailgate assist system for my Ford buddies.

Edited by 85 Barefoot
1 minute ago, 85 Barefoot said:

And put on a $15 tailgate assist system for my Ford buddies.

LOL

FWIW my 2009 Hemi crew has 136K miles on it after moving the kiddos to school.  Most reliable truck I've ever owned

Sounds like dodge finally got their reliability issues under control.  I had an 01 1500 quad cab long bed that I spent me on repairs than my payment.  it was on the third transmission by 80k, lost the transfer case at 90k, and replaced all the u-joints for the second time at 110k.  Also had a taste for ball joints, atleast one every 3 to 4 months.  but atleast the milage was the same empty or towing.  another roommate at the same time had a new 2005 that ate 3 transmissions in 50k. 

But I will say the new ram trucks do look ok and the interiors and much nicer tha back then. 

I think I'll stay with Ford as long as I am still getting Z plan.