Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I did it again.

Anderson24

Just now, IXFE said:

Buddy... you're getting GOOD at this. 

Add an Axis logo to the end and submit it... much better than anything I see coming out of Loudon these days. 

That's a great idea! I may try that. I am definitely getting WAY more comfortable flying it. 

Well done. Your conditions were amazing and the cliff backdrops are spectacular. The only complaint comes from my wife who says if you keep posting sweet videos like this she knows it's going to end up costing us since I'm going to have to buy a drone :)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

That's a great idea! I may try that. I am definitely getting WAY more comfortable flying it. 

The flying is one thing... The post process is another. It's very polished. 

• Like 2
Just now, IXFE said:

The flying is one thing... The post process is another. It's very polished. 

Thank you sir. Appreciate it. 

6 minutes ago, sounddude03 said:

Well done. Your conditions were amazing and the cliff backdrops are spectacular. The only complaint comes from my wife who says if you keep posting sweet videos like this she knows it's going to end up costing us since I'm going to have to buy a drone :)

It's probably one of the cheaper things people have been forced into buying from this site!! I know I have spent my fair share :(

Which drone are you using? I was looking into one of the  yuneec since they have a remote "follow me" that could stay set distance and stay on subject to take a bit of the work out of camera and flying. Not sure if anyone else has tried one or if I should go for a phantom 4? Or yuneec typhoon?

Edited by The Hulk
12 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Which drone are you using? I was looking into one of the  yuneec since they have a remote "follow me" that could stay set distance and stay on subject to take a bit of the work out of camera and flying. Not sure if anyone else has tried one or if I should go for a phantom 4? Or yuneec typhoon?

I hear great things about the Yuneec. That's definitely the one I have my eye on. 

8 hours ago, Fman said:

Great video!  and some awesome riding, do you guys ever fall?  That lake looks like a hidden gem :) thanks for sharing!

Yea they usually fall a couple times each. But the falls are usually pretty graceful...nothing "spectacular". They just know how to fall. Saguaro lake is great on the weekdays. However on the weekends it is an absolute zoo. They actually close it when it gets too full, and it becomes a "1 in-1 out" system. Absolute chaos. 

7 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Great shooting. So much better than kast time with how close you got (or zoom). 

There is no zoom unfortunately. I just keep getting closer. One of the riders actually said he could hear it while riding and was a little freaked out. 

13 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Nice work! Can you make a trip to Michigan to take some video of us slalom skiing?

I was just in MN/WI last week! That's about as close as I get to MI. I'd be happy to film for the crew. :rockon:

9 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Phantom 3 Professional. What I am learning is that in order to get the really cool shots, you have to fly the drone. The follow me mode is really just going to position the drone at a fixed height and distance away. While it will give you good consistent video, it's not going to these different angles/shots. This was my 3rd time flying it on the lake. I am no professional pilot...the are really just that easy to fly. 

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Glad to see others enjoying it as much as I do! I guess I will keep doing it as long as no one gets tired of it. :cheers:

• Like 1

I feel like u get a lot more for your money IMO and sonar vs visual avoidance system would be awesome for the evening times not to mention the cable cam would be sweet .. I'm sure they will have their pluses and minuses but I like the fact that the typhoon you can attach different lenses on the camera system with a 45 millimeter it would be awesome for the evening to brighten things up and also give you better contrast.. 

The typhoon can only fly at 22mph from when I researched it (not sure if that has changed). The guys riding above ride at 23mph, and that doesn't account for their cutting/acceleration (or headwind). The phantom has instant acceleration. You can see in the video the drone pulling away or outrunning the boat many times. Top speed 35, and the phantom 4 goes 45mph. 

Edited by Anderson24
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, Anderson24 said:

The typhoon can only fly at 22mph from when I researched it (not sure if that has changed). The guys riding above ride at 23mph, and that doesn't account for their cutting/acceleration (or headwind). The phantom has instant acceleration. You can see in the video the drone pulling away or outrunning the boat many times. Top speed 35, and the phantom 4 goes 45mph. 

I guess you would have to upgrade before you visit Michigan. I ski at 36mph :biggrin::cheers: 

• Like 2
Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

I guess you would have to upgrade before you visit Michigan. I ski at 36mph :biggrin::cheers: 

@DarkSide will come with me then. He just got the Phantom 4. May as well make it a malibucrew event!!

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Might as well have him bring his MXZ then too, I want to surf that thing.... :)

Great point. I will volunteer him driving it out. Tennessee...Michigan...it's all the same basically. And yes, the wave is everything you have ever dreamed about. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Might as well have him bring his MXZ then too, I want to surf that thing.... :)

@Anderson24

I will be in Knoxville in June.  Come on down to Norris,  you can ski the surfer....or anytime in AZ.

Edited by DarkSide