Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX lifted seat for safer driver's view

Air Tahoe

Bought one of these CNC seat lifters off ebay and I love it. I can't believe I waited so long to get one. Well worth the $100. Seller was tmsbilletparts and great to work with. 

There was no instructions on how to install it. That would have been nice. So I remove the seat cushion, unbolted the top of the seat. Lifted the seat off, removed the two metal bracket plates and swapped out the short one for this larger one. I moved some of the grease off the old part and on to the new part. Took me about an hour but didn't run into any road blocks or trouble. Need a philips screw driver, socket set with extensions, and crescent wrench. 

This fit great on a 2002 VLX. 

IMG_6059_zpskopixx9x.jpg

IMG_6029_zpsenvt3tuv.jpg

BTW, what in the heck is this button for under the driver's seat? I have never seen it till now? IMG_6037_zpsshxczeer.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Air Tahoe said:

Bought one of these CNC seat lifters off ebay and I love it. I can't believe I waited so long to get one. Well worth the $100. Seller was tmsbilletparts and great to work with. 

There was no instructions on how to install it. That would have been nice. So I remove the seat cushion, unbolted the top of the seat. Lifted the seat off, removed the two metal bracket plates and swapped out the short one for this larger one. I moved some of the grease off the old part and on to the new part. Took me about an hour but didn't run into any road blocks or trouble. Need a philips screw driver, socket set with extensions, and crescent wrench. 

IMG_6059_zpskopixx9x.jpg

IMG_6029_zpsenvt3tuv.jpg

BTW, what in the heck is this button for under the driver's seat? I have never seen it till now? IMG_6037_zpsshxczeer.jpg

I bought the same one and I am putting it in tonight!!! Thanks for the tips. Get yours in eBay?

I installed the same thing a few weeks ago. That plus a Bolster Buddy - plus another 200 pounds in the bow :thumbup: - and even the 5'2" driver in our crew can see easily over the bow when we're surfing.

2 hours ago, 95echelon said:

I bought the same one and I am putting it in tonight!!! Thanks for the tips. Get yours in eBay?

95, no need to remove the seat cushion. There are 4 bolts that hold the swivel together. Unbolt them and seat separates from the base. You have to unbolt them anyway. Hardest part for me was getting the plastic shield off.

• Like 2

Yes Ebay. Here is the guy's store: http://www.ebay.com/usr/tmsbilletparts?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Really, this a must safety item. It was getting dangerous not being able to see over the bow well. We used to stand up half the time to look out for kayakers and small boats. 

So what is the button on the bottom of the seat for? 

Edited by Air Tahoe

Mystery button! I asked the same question recently; several ideas but nobody so far seems to have one that actually does anything. 

Here's my original post.

Like KMFish said, I was told it's for a bladder type lumbar support. Mine died before I got my boat and forgot to fix it when I got the interior redone. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2016 at 11:43 AM, Air Tahoe said:

IMG_6059_zpskopixx9x.jpg

IMG_6029_zpsenvt3tuv.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up on this mod!  Just finished installing one on my '06.  Looks good and I think its gonna work great.