Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 LSV Power Wedge Issue

Hi All,

I am having trouble with my power wedge and was hoping you guys might be able to offer some advice. 

When the wedge is in the full up and locked position and I am running across the lake I will often get the "Power Wedge Moving" alert on the control screen. Choppy water and faster speeds seem to make this happen more often. This has been getting progressively worse and now the wedge does not hold its position while deployed. For example, I can set the wedge at the half-way mark, but it will move up and down quite a bit during the ride. It's also starting to become unresponsive to the controls when I try to adjust it while at speed. 

Any idea where to start troubleshooting this?

More than likely your actuators are failing.  Mine is doing something similar.  I actually popped a breaker this weekend.  I pulled my actuators a couple weeks ago and opened them up and to my surprise they were dry on the inside but I noticed that when I manually spun the shafts in and out they were really hard to spin.  I re-installed them anyways but now I'm paying for it, I'll have to pull them back off and put new shaft bottoms on them.  Luckily I have all the spare parts I need to get this done.