Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Funny how

Steve B.

my stereo system can seem to sound differently on different days. Nothing special, tighter bass, more channel seperation, etc. But, I finally know and can pretty well control the subtleties to be able to rock the house with confidence.

I can plop essentially any source and quickly get it to where I think it should be.

Bought the boat about 7 months ago, and it's taken this long to tune be able to tune it easily on the fly. We had a good bonding session in the yard tonite, ha.

Steve B.

Interesting maybe more the term. But, a home system seems so consistent, but the boat seems to vary. I think it's more external conditions, heat, sun, wind, etc.

I've worked in audio for close to 40 years.

Steve B.

11 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Interesting maybe more the term. But, a home system seems so consistent, but the boat seems to vary. I think it's more external conditions, heat, sun, wind, etc.

I've worked in audio for close to 40 years.

Steve B.

There certainly is a big difference between home, vehicle, and open boat audio. A few advantages and disadvantages in the case of each example. In an open field boat environment you tend to get only the incidental radiation with no reflections or standing waves whether reinforcements or cancellations. So despite all the negatives (wind, motion, noise, flash dissipation of energy, etc.) when at rest there can be a certain purity in boat audio.  

Btw, not far from you in Dayton, Ohio there is one of the few remaining but very best Hi Fi salons anywhere in the country in Hanson AV.    

Heat humidity extra people gear towels coolers barametric pressure your general sense of well being. Kind of like the way a car audio system sound changes with windows totally closed vs open about an inch, car parked.