Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anodize vs powder coat spinner racks

I've searched the forum and apologise if my answer is in here but I couldn't find it.

I've a 2014 23LSV with the standard G3 tower and Titan spinner racks. I'm so disappointed with how the finish of both the racks and the Alpha II speakers (front and back shiny finish not the black surround) has stood up to two years of fresh water lake. The boat is under a covered dock.

I don't have the talent or the patience to polish them so I'm resigned to getting them coated somehow. I've done some research on anodizing vs powder coating and am left thinking both would work but anodizing is more expensive and more durable. To be honest the finish when delivered is what I want. I'm not keen on coloring the racks and even less the speakers.

Has anyone any tips on which worked well for them? And a quality firm I can send them to this winter? I'm on Lake Lanier, GA but can ship them of course.

Thanks crew

I'm no expert, but I believe anodizing will fade in the sun. I had some expensive anodized levers on a motorcycle that faded after a couple seasons. I would powder coat them.

In all honesty, polishing metal isn't that bad. All that's needed is a Dremel with a metal polishing bit kit and a couple beers.... maybe some safety glasses.