Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

To all the Pregnant or to be tmc girils outh there

wheelman

That was on the Minneapolis NBC station.  A few of the reporters are water people (one has a cabin on my lake) and they do do stories like this once in a while.  People that do - or know of - stuff like this will call the station and sometimes they follow up and send out a reporter and camera crew - or sometimes they just use submitted video.  Minnesota is water crazy during our too short summers.

3 hours ago, minnmarker said:

That was on the Minneapolis NBC station.  A few of the reporters are water people (one has a cabin on my lake) and they do do stories like this once in a while.  People that do - or know of - stuff like this will call the station and sometimes they follow up and send out a reporter and camera crew - or sometimes they just use submitted video.  Minnesota is water crazy during our too short summers.

Not to hijack, but was that meant to say too short or 2 short?

27 minutes ago, REHinH20 said:

Not to hijack, but was that meant to say too short or 2 short?

too. 

But summers are getting a bit longer with global warming and all.  Now that's kicking the bee hive! :tomato:

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

What's the law in Minnesota around wearing a PFD while performing towed sports?

PFD is required.  Bare footers with a flotation suit are technically illegal but I don't know of anyone ever getting tagged.

Of note, in MN we can ski, board, or surf without an observer.  Just need a mirror.  Wish that was the case in WI.

4 hours ago, 95echelon said:

I always tried to convince my wife that sex was the best way to get the baby to come out faster! But this works too... Too funny.

I can verify that sex does make the baby come out faster. I caused my daughter to be 2 weeks early. ;)

• Like 1

I'd prefer my kids to not come out with a forehead looking like a golf ball . I would tell my wife to get on the surf board. 

• Like 2

Awesome! I wakeboarded preggers into Sept when my son was born Oct. 2. Just had nice easy rides with some carving and it was great. If I had a surf boat at the time, I would have rather surfed. I have some funny pictures of my life vest all blown out in front that I like to show my kids from time to time to remind them that they have already gone wakeboarding!

20 hours ago, 95echelon said:

I always tried to convince my wife that sex was the best way to get the baby to come out faster! But this works too... Too funny.

I tried this too but there was some confusion and my wife thought I meant with her..................:dontknow:

Safety freak alert:  She is not as good of a swimmer as she was when she isn't 9 months pregnant.  Are PFD's really that hard to wear?  

I know that she was not hitting it hard compared to what she may usually do, but there are so many unknowns that are out of your control behind a boat.  What if a jetski hits her?  The impact could kill a person, but being on the bottom of the lake seals the deal.  I was once behind a boat and the engine overheated and suddenly went into limp mode.  I immediately found myself launching into the transom.  It happened so much faster than you would expect.  I very easily could have whacked my head on the boat and fell into the water.  

Otherwise, I think that is awesome.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Safety freak alert:  She is not as good of a swimmer as she was when she isn't 9 months pregnant.  Are PFD's really that hard to wear?  

I know that she was not hitting it hard compared to what she may usually do, but there are so many unknowns that are out of your control behind a boat.  What if a jetski hits her?  The impact could kill a person, but being on the bottom of the lake seals the deal.  I was once behind a boat and the engine overheated and suddenly went into limp mode.  I immediately found myself launching into the transom.  It happened so much faster than you would expect.  I very easily could have whacked my head on the boat and fell into the water.  

Otherwise, I think that is awesome.  

I am so with you. Good for her for surfing at 9 months, but I just cannot get over the lack of PFD, i get scared even watching this. It just freaks me out. Plus how bad would this be on the sport and how much fuel would this give the anti-surfers if something happened to her and the baby. 

21 hours ago, oldjeep said:

uscg jacket required to be worn  

Actually, in MN, it doesn't have to be worn, just carried in the tow boat at a minimum.

And the sex definitely worked with our first, labor the next morning...