Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

REV10'S 3 PAIR 585W

whatshesaid

Looking for some advise guys. Im kicking the idea around to add a 3rd pair of REV10's, I wish I could add a REV410 But I don't want to be hitting my head on it.

The current system on my 2016 23LSV with G3 TOWER is....

2 pair of REV10'S on a SD2 (310rms each)

1 TREO sub 12" on a Treo 2000W amp

Inboat speakers are on the stock RF 400W

4 batteries, WS420

How and where do you mount the 3rd pair? Pictures would be more than helpful.

Im also considering using x2 SD6's to power 3 pair of REV10's,, but is this over kill @585w rms to each speaker? Is it wasted power? Will I notice a difference going from 310rms to 585rms?  If there is a difference should I just consider adding power to my 2 pair to get more volume/better sound?

If you have other ideas I would love to hear them!

I wouldn't hesitate to use that much power per each Rev10. But at the same time, I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. In my case there would be zero risk of damage. For others, it will depend on the system tune and how they use their gear.

To set the correct expectations, you will have to double the collective speaker surface area AND double the speaker-excursion/amplifier-power to every speaker in order to obtain an increase that is not yet there but approaching what you would perceive as 'double the volume'. Past a point speakers will dynamically compress, and with nearly 600 watts per speaker you are definitely reaching that point. So double the power per speaker and adding 50% more speakers will not sound twice as loud, but will definitely sound louder.

But here is why I like the idea. You would never approach 600 continuous watts to each speaker with music material unless you are seriously clipping the amplifier and compressing the signal, and that would be dangerous (a short speaker lifespan). On the flipside, music is not continuous by nature. In contrast, music content is very transient by nature. All that extra power could reveal the full peak to peak transient attack and burst of the music resulting in something perceived as contrast and clarity.   

Ok, so 585w is not over kill, but will not increase volume very much, but i will give you better contrast and clarity. So just adding more power to my existing pair will not satisfy my want for louder.

So, does anybody have pictures of 3 pair of rev10's on G3 tower? Is the 3rd pair in the way?

3 hours ago, whatshesaid said:

Ok, so 585w is not over kill, but will not increase volume very much, but i will give you better contrast and clarity. So just adding more power to my existing pair will not satisfy my want for louder.

So, does anybody have pictures of 3 pair of rev10's on G3 tower? Is the 3rd pair in the way?

Oh, it will definitely be much LOUDER! Just not equal to what you would perceive as twice as loud.

inverted rev 410's over bimini and it worked out great! and the 410s sound better.

l1v98h.jpg

woHlnR.jpg

two sets of rev10's, two rev 410's up top. selling the 410s too! lol

Edited by kwhftw
  • Like 3

I am running 3 pair of Rev 10's on my tower powered by 2 SD6 amps and I am very happy with my set up. I also have a 420 installed. I don't have a good picture on my iPad but I do have some on my phone. I'll see if I can get one posted here. You will not be disappointed with the 3 pair. 

KWHFTW, sweet setup! My issue with that is I have to lower my tower up and down ever time we go to the lake. Will the Rev410's hit the windshield when the tower is folded down, and how heavy is the tower? Will the wife be able to handle it?  Also the Bimini looks like it would be a pain to deal with also?

SURFNUT, That looks good mounted on the ft tower bar. What about the head room, have you knocked your self out on it? Lol

21 hours ago, whatshesaid said:

and how heavy is the tower?

Just an FYI, a single REV-410 weighs about the same as a pair of Rev-10. So adding either will increase the weight of the tower about the same.

On August 22, 2016 at 9:44 AM, whatshesaid said:

KWHFTW, sweet setup! My issue with that is I have to lower my tower up and down ever time we go to the lake. Will the Rev410's hit the windshield when the tower is folded down, and how heavy is the tower? Will the wife be able to handle it?  Also the Bimini looks like it would be a pain to deal with also?

SURFNUT, That looks good mounted on the ft tower bar. What about the head room, have you knocked your self out on it? Lol

No problems with clearance folding down the tower. I have to fold it down to store in the garage. Wife is 5'1 115 lbs. can handle it if needed. No head clearance issues either hence the spacing in the middle. The set up works really well for me. I would easily recommend it for anyone wanting to run three pair 10's. 

On August 23, 2016 at 1:12 AM, kwhftw said:

yeah bro if you need to fold the tower each time dont do it. lol

I have the heavy duty struts in my tower assembly and the speaker weight is not an issue. I have to fold the tower up and down for storage and my wife can even do it. I would guess your set up would be a good bit heavier with the 410's mounted up top. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kwhftw said:

its not the weight thats really the issue if you have good struts. it's hitting the windshield or folding the bimini. 

The way that I did mine my Bimini folds normally and I do not have any clearance issues with the windshield. I do have to fold my mirror down which I always do anyway and lay my instrument screen back which I also do anyway. 

• Like 1

So is it a no brainer to go with x2 SD2's amps to power 3pair of Rev10's? Or do I consider x3 SYN-DX4 to power 3pair of Rev10's. It will save some money, and be less power @400rms each speaker.

Dollar to wattage, a pair of SD-6 is the way to go. If you want all the amps to match, you can do two sd-6, or sd-2 or three DX4. I like the price point of the three Syn-DX-4, but thats 3 amps to find space for and wire up. 

• Like 1

I like the two SD6's. My amp board has 4 amps. All laid out nice and neat. Looks good and functions great. This set up will make your ears bleed!!! ?????

• Like 1

I like 3 SynDX4's @ 400 watts a speaker for price point and proper power. 2 SD6 for the top choice if room is the main concern with the Bonus of head room and more wattage that can be used for dynamics... A SD2 is perfect for 2 pair of Rev8's but a hair thin for 2 pair of tens in my eyes... 

Edited by Truekaotik
  • Like 1