Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Pump Relay /Schematic for '89 Sunsetter/Monsoon

UPDATE

so thx to TINUS MARINE (yea!!) we seemed to have found the problem-- it was the Ignition Control Module. It was sending a bad signal back to the ECM when heated up.... telling the ECM the motor was "off", therefore the ECM shut off the fuel pump--- on off on off on off on off.

Replaced the pickup coil as well to be safe.

If your in SE WI, dont waste your time with other "part swapping" marinas... just go to Tinus they have the experience.

ALSO: helpful idea... since i knew the problem didnt start happening until about 40 minutes, my MISTAKE was to let tinus test drive it until it had a problem... lol.. great.. i paid someone $120 to drive my boat around for 40 minutes.... what i should have done is setup the appointment... and I would go warm the engine up for 40 minutes, then call the service guy out to the lake and meet me there with his tools.... no biggy, but would have saved some $$$.

thx all for your help!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi..i am a new user here. I think you should check the oil pressure and/or temp sensors - the ones that do not send signals to the gauges.  You're may only have the oil pressure sensor.  They are in series with the fuel pump and will cut power to it if they're defective or the connections are loose or corroded.  Of course, first make sure that you don't have an actual oil pressure or temp problem.

turnkey pcb

Edited by AlfySande
  • 8 months later...
On 10/18/2016 at 8:53 PM, electricjohn said:

That signal is called distributor reference.

Hey Electricjohn and AlfySande .... my problem is BACK in now in 2017!!! AGGGH!

only thing NOT replaced is COIL and WIRES. and Oil pressure sender:

On 11/9/2016 at 9:32 AM, AlfySande said:

Hi..i am a new user here. I think you should check the oil pressure and/or temp sensors - the ones that do not send signals to the gauges.  You're may only have the oil pressure sensor.  They are in series with the fuel pump and will cut power to it if they're defective or the connections are loose or corroded.  Of course, first make sure that you don't have an actual oil pressure or temp problem.

printed circuit board assembly company

Think I should replace all 3 ???

thx guys!

dan