Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Time to upgrade my ski

Malibudude

Well here’s an update on my S8.

I got off work early, which I never do to hit the lake at decent time since I work 50 miles from home. I started home and wouldn’t you know it an accident bogged down the already congested freeway on the top of town. Furthermore, not to make matters more interesting my commuter sardine box was on empty and the gas light was on already at the halfway mark from home. So I enter the gas station near my house and kept thinking of all the things I need to work on, love the 10.5 gas tank, and boom I was done. As I was walking back to get in I noticed the guy in front of me in an old Ford Ranchero (60’s) and gas was literally pouring out of hit gas cap down on to the exhaust pipe. So I walked up to him and let him know about the situation and his reply oh well. I then asked hey do you mind if I leave first as nothing was going to stop me from getting some more time on my new ski. He graciously said no problem and I vacated that area quickly.

Okay loaded up and heading to the lake w/ a great bud from the Crew, Wife and my boy. 7 min later we are at the launch ramp and instantly knew this was a going to be an epic night very few trailers in the parking lot and the middle of the lake was smooth, as most know around here, never happens on Folsom.

Of course I was tramping at the bit to hit the water first and so I went. I removed the wing and left the boots in the same position more or less neutral based upon all the comments I received after my first post. I can honestly say I enjoyed those couple of runs more than I’ve had in the past few years and there is something magical about cutting up the glass while the moon was coming over the hills. Okay that was to tame I was freakn’ having the time of my life last night and truly felt some progression taking place. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif The spray that I had reported in the first run was no longer present and the wake crossings much easier and more controlled. I hooked the ski a few times, man this thing wants to crank ya at times, but pulled them out. On my first run I slid out as I was tail riding way too much into the port side turn but quickly changed that with more front foot pressure which in turn provides a greater sense of control and ability to keep the ski on edge more than before. I found that 32.5 mph was the perfect speed up from 31 after my first run. I ran through all the things I needed to remember o concentrate on to improve upon and I lasted longer on each time on the ski then I ever did on my 67”.

Couple of questions...

How many wake crossings did it take before you were comfortable enough to drop the double ski?

How do you go back and find the dropped second ski in the twilight? Just curious Innocent.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• WakeGirl

• CarveItUp

• NorCaliBu

Couple of questions...

How many wake crossings did it take before you were comfortable enough to drop the double ski?

How do you go back and find the dropped second ski in the twilight? Just curious Innocent.gif

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark.

I have to say that Justin looked really good last night. He has really progressed in the last year.

Of course, Jess was pushing harder than usual for a VLX and when we saw a guy slaloming well behind a 21LSV, she had to tell him that if that guy can ski behind a V-drive, than he can too.

I have to say that Justin looked really good last night. He has really progressed in the last year.

Of course, Jess was pushing harder than usual for a VLX and when we saw a guy slaloming well behind a 21LSV, she had to tell him that if that guy can ski behind a V-drive, than he can too.

Thanks for the good driving Yahoo.gif

I'm not skiing behind a LSV, one the wake sucks and secondly payments aren't and option. Since DD are so horrible I can't sell it for anything so I guess we'll just have to keep it.. Innocent.gif

Got another couple runs in last night. I'm starting to get a good feel for this ski and glad I upgraded!! The ability to hold the edge through the wake, still needs work is really progressing and just about everything else. A few times I really hooked the ski and then got the slack in the rope that would through me off. This thing just loves to cut fast and carve and it'll remind you when you’re slacking, not that I know from experience or anything.... Crazy.gif

Got another couple runs in last night. I'm starting to get a good feel for this ski and glad I upgraded!! The ability to hold the edge through the wake, still needs work is really progressing and just about everything else. A few times I really hooked the ski and then got the slack in the rope that would through me off. This thing just loves to cut fast and carve and it'll remind you when you’re slacking, not that I know from experience or anything.... Crazy.gif

Dude..if you'd just ween yourself off of that V shaped trainer handle then you might get less slack in the rope Shocking.gif

Dude..if you'd just ween yourself off of that V shaped trainer handle then you might get less slack in the rope Shocking.gif

I hear they make great strangle instruments..... :lol:

I hear they make great strangle instruments..... :lol:

Hey now....leave your handle at home this weekend...I'm not kinky like that Shocking.gif