Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Time to upgrade my ski

Malibudude

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• WakeGirl

• Mike00LXI

• NorCaliBu

Okay thanks guys I was 99.9% sure.

Geez Dude...Would you make up your mind already Tongue.gif You're buying decision is like a soap opera. Before you know it the season will be over and you'll still be deciding on which shade of pink you want your ski custom painted. ROFL.gif

Just kidding Tongue.gif:lol:

Once you buy that Phantom, I'll sell you a couple carbon fins from John Horton that really help that ski turn.

Decided against the Phantom, but thanks for the offer.

Okay thanks guys I was 99.9% sure.

Geez Dude...Would you make up your mind already Tongue.gif You're buying decision is like a soap opera. Before you know it the season will be over and you'll still be deciding on which shade of pink you want your ski custom painted. ROFL.gif

Just kidding Tongue.gif:lol:

I've made up my mind already on several models, so that doesn't count? They don't make pink sissy skis only on wakeboards...... Tongue.gif

Maybe he should make a big spreadsheet like Andy did.

Maybe I will just because....... Crazy.gif

So what's it going to be, Justin? A System 8? CDX? Nitro? Maybe a Byerly? Tongue.gif

As I hang my head in shame, I did wakeboard since I didn't have a ski last weekend. I didn't enjoy it at all. Still workn' the deals.

Cool! My new D3 shipped yesterday. Can't wait.

I have a well loved 20th anniversary CDX blank available if anyone is interested.

Rip...

I have a well loved 20th anniversary CDX blank available if anyone is interested.

Rip...

What length? My BIL may be interested - now that he owns my old boat, he's in the market for a ski.

Rip...

What length? My BIL may be interested - now that he owns my old boat, he's in the market for a ski.

Its a 68 inch ski. It has Animal Hard Boots on it but both the front and rear wraps split last week at Cobles Ski School. So I was planning to pull those off and sell the blank.

I bought another CDX with Animal Superfeet last year so I have two 20th anniversary CDXs. I'll be pulling the Animal SF off the newer CDX and putting them on the D3.

Just let me know and I can send you a picture of the ski.

Edited by Rip6@36
Thanks! I didn't sleep well in anticipation of cutting up some glass. Oh I di the have the wing on it and to change it to 0 is it at 7 or 9 degrees?
Just take it off completely. Trust me on this...I took mine off and it accelerates much easier. I think the rule of thumb was once you are skiing 34 mph and getting 32 or 35 off...then put the wing back on. Surprised.gif
I've heard that as well so I'll do just that. Is it Sunday yet?
:lol: I know how you feel. :lol:

We're going to Bullard's on Sunday to scope out LARGE campsites for Labor Day Week-End...need room for 7 or 8 tents on the shoreline... Shocking.gif

What boots did you get with it?

I've heard that as well so I'll do just that. Is it Sunday yet?
:lol: I know how you feel. :lol:

We're going to Bullard's on Sunday to scope out LARGE campsites for Labor Day Week-End...need room for 7 or 8 tents on the shoreline... Shocking.gif

What boots did you get with it?

Double Animals...first they we're out of the approaches and secondly they wouldn't deal as much on them as the Animals. Why not spend a weeknight doing that and head up to Oroville! I ski and the bindings look so sweet, now I just have to get my level to justify having this ski. Crazy.gif I'm hoping to put some time in on this ski before our rent-a-lake.

A funny story I called a HO dealer and asked about a Truth, he stated he doesn't have any and flat out wouldn't sell one to me. I informed him that the factory has some and his reply, I don't care I won't order it. Trust me you'll send it back and ask for the S8 or similar anyway. So I got a S8 for less that the Truth would have cost me more anyway.

Is it Sunday yet????????????????????????