Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Time to upgrade my ski

Malibudude

If anybody is looking for a 67" Vengence I know where one is. I'm going to pass it up and hold out for a longer ski as in the long run it'll work better. So now I'm probably going to look at a Triumph or maybe a D3. If I can find a 70" venegence the cool but probably a long shot in finding one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• WakeGirl

• Mike00LXI

• NorCaliBu

I just got a '06 HO Triumph from Wiley's and I'm super impressed. It's just barely wider than a traditional ski but ski's like a normal width ski for the most part. Easy to get up on too.

I've got a 1997 HO VTC in pristine condition I'll sell ya. It's just collecting dust in my ski locker...I'll give it to ya for $499. Special deal ONLY because you're a trusted friend.

Let me know

I don't think the made the Vengeance in 70". I belive 69" was as large as they went in '05. The '06 HO site doesn't list the Vengeance anymore.

Okay I skied on Sliders HO Truth this weekend and now I'm in search of of one for myself. I need a 70" Truth or Phantom Truth. I know the Vengence isn't made anymore I was only searching for a used or one that just hadn't been moved yet. So if any of yya guys know of anyone that wants to get rid of it let me know.

I have located a 70" 03' CDX $245 (includes bindigs, fin and fin block).

I found an '04 70" Phantom Truth at Ski-Masters, but it's almost $400. Not sure if that's the blank or if it includes bindings for that price (the upgrade to Animals is almost $300, so I'm thinking it's a blank).

I'm assuming that's the same outfit as Seattle Water Sports? If it is they don't have one I had him check... Cry.gif

I've got a 1997 HO VTC in pristine condition I'll sell ya. It's just collecting dust in my ski locker...I'll give it to ya for $499. Special deal ONLY because you're a trusted friend.

Let me know

Justin-

You're brilliant... Silence is the best negotiation tool sometimes. I normally don't like bidding against myself but I'll make an exception in this case. I'll revise my offer to $550 for the ski and I'll throw in a cheeseburger.

Let me know

Justin-

You're brilliant... Silence is the best negotiation tool sometimes. I normally don't like bidding against myself but I'll make an exception in this case. I'll revise my offer to $550 for the ski and I'll throw in a cheeseburger.

I do appreciate you great offer, but I’ll have to pass on that cheeseburger in paradise theme.

I found an '04 70" Phantom Truth at Ski-Masters, but it's almost $400. Not sure if that's the blank or if it includes bindings for that price (the upgrade to Animals is almost $300, so I'm thinking it's a blank).

I'm assuming that's the same outfit as Seattle Water Sports? If it is they don't have one I had him check... Cry.gif

Yeah, same place. They need to update their website if that's the case.

Yeah, same place. They need to update their website if that's the case.

I let him know that it was a bit off ;)

Okay finding a HO Truth is proving to be difficult, as I suspected, and I don’t have patience to wait with the season ticking and no ski. So I’m also looking into a System 8 ski as well if there is anyone looking to unload a 69.5” S8 or know of someone let me know.

I still recommend the Nitro over the System 8 if you plan on getting more aggressive at slower speeds. S8 if you plan on a lot of 36. It doesn't have the stiffness to get you wide enough at the slower speeds.

Okay finding a HO Truth is proving to be difficult, as I suspected, and I don’t have patience to wait with the season ticking and no ski. So I’m also looking into a System 8 ski as well if there is anyone looking to unload a 69.5” S8 or know of someone let me know.

I have a 69" ASX (became the Vengance) blank that I'll sell you cheap... It's in good shape too, PM me if you want pics.

I need to know if the plate for a RTP and rear boot are the same for the bolt patterns. I assume they are but since I'm contiplating on purchasing a ski that has rtp I'll need to change it out for a rear boot I just wanted to make sure.

I need to know if the plate for a RTP and rear boot are the same for the bolt patterns. I assume they are but since I'm contiplating on purchasing a ski that has rtp I'll need to change it out for a rear boot I just wanted to make sure.

It should, but if not you can purchase the correct plate for about $10 than put it on your rear boot.