Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Options are Confusing Me to All Get Out

Claire1000

Just now, shawndoggy said:

It's gonna be like the cannonball run of boat deliveries

Lol! I'm not that motivated. I LOVE my T22, I enjoyed ordering mine, the whole process was fun. Thought it would be cool to order another if I can swing it. If not no big deal, I've got over 150 hours on mine and would have no problem putting another 80-100 on next year. 17's have a few options I would like to have though.  

It is weird to me how complex boat shipping is for any deal. There has to be a better way. 

Also, for anyone that cares, on the sticker CS for the bimini/cover is the Commercial Sewing One. 

So you guys think the 350 on an A22 with a 1235 at a low elevation is not underpowered right? We will prob rarely have more than 6 adults plus kids while surfing or wakeboarding.

ahopkins22LSV
16 minutes ago, Claire1000 said:

It is weird to me how complex boat shipping is for any deal. There has to be a better way. 

Also, for anyone that cares, on the sticker CS for the bimini/cover is the Commercial Sewing One. 

So you guys think the 350 on an A22 with a 1235 at a low elevation is not underpowered right? We will prob rarely have more than 6 adults plus kids while surfing or wakeboarding.

I do. However, I forgot to mention in the other thread that with the A22, full ballast+550's PNP, wedge, and 6 adults I could not get the boat to plane to wake board speeds. However I know very few people that actually need that much weight.

So I guess the answer is yes and no if you want to run MAX ballast for wakeboarding. 

23 minutes ago, Claire1000 said:

I would not run the 1235. My boat was ordered with that and I hated it. Get either the acme 2249 or OJ 948. 

Cool. Thanks. So I'm seeing the engine is probably enough power, and I can switch the prop out later if I want more. But we don't need a huge wake while surfing, so prob won't ever load it up that much. 

The 350 is fine, just go with the torque prop or one mentioned above. I went with the 2315 on my 330 and it made a huge difference over the 1235. I also don't wakeboard with full ballast, no pros here.

I run 900s in the back. I use the 2419 and it's great. About 3200 RPMs surfing. I usually run 200 lead in the bow. I can also get up to wakeboard speed with all that weight and the wedge. 

Just now, Claire1000 said:

Cool. Thanks. So I'm seeing the engine is probably enough power, and I can switch the prop out later if I want more. But we don't need a huge wake while surfing, so prob won't ever load it up that much. 

Yes!  You really do not need a 15 inch low pitch prop unless your primary use is loaded down surfing or making BIG wake board wakes.  The 1235 is a very nice crossover prop for skiing, cruising, boarding, and even surfing.  My boat grosses out at 6500 lbs for surfing and with the 1235 I'm running at about 3000 rpm at 10.7 mph with plenty of throttle in reserve.  If you want to switch later then, in the whole scheme (and cost) of things it's no big deal.

7 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Yes!  You really do not need a 15 inch low pitch prop unless your primary use is loaded down surfing or making BIG wake board wakes.  The 1235 is a very nice crossover prop for skiing, cruising, boarding, and even surfing.  My boat grosses out at 6500 lbs for surfing and with the 1235 I'm running at about 3000 rpm at 10.7 mph with plenty of throttle in reserve.  If you want to switch later then, in the whole scheme (and cost) of things it's no big deal.

Disagree on T22. There is a reason that all factory spec props are now 15". 

Unlike wakeboarding, where few really need ballast above stock, all mildly competent surfers will prefer a weighted wave over a light one. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I do. However, I forgot to mention in the other thread that with the A22, full ballast+550's PNP, wedge, and 6 adults I could not get the boat to plane to wake board speeds. However I know very few people that actually need that much weight.

So I guess the answer is yes and no if you want to run MAX ballast for wakeboarding. 

We run 15' A22 with with full ballast, wedge, 750s in rear and 650 up front with 350 motor & 1235 prop and have zero issues with up to 6 adults on board.  One time we had 8 adults and I had to move 2 up front and we were fine with surfing.  Wakeboarding we would have to put more up front but we could get to speed.  

2 hours ago, teamerickson said:

900s in the rear is soooo much better for surfing! Unless you're Shawn! :Tease3:

I run 600s in the rear so you will have to include me with Shawn. 

A20 with 50x20x20 rears technically now an 850(fill?) straight line , 950 mushroom wedge , big wave

if I want 7 adults surfing I need the bigger wheel cause speed , same for wake boarding no plane 

Edited by granddaddy55