Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 HO Coefficient X VS 2012 Radar Senate.

asp13

Hey Bu Crew, a local shop has some killer deals on skis at the moment. I saw both the 2013 HO Coefficient X  and 2012 Radar Senate there and was curious if anyone has skied the Coefficient X before? I had my mind set on the Senate, but after checking out the HO I am not sure. Anyone able to compare?

ahopkins22LSV

Easiest answer is: ski them both!

While I may love the senate and not the HO you may feel completely the opposite. I'd as the shop if you can borrow both for a day. Set your current binding setup at the manufacture recommended distance from the tail of the ski and ski them both back to back.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Easiest answer is: ski them both!

While I may love the senate and not the HO you may feel completely the opposite. I'd as the shop if you can borrow both for a day. Set your current binding setup at the manufacture recommended distance from the tail of the ski and ski them both back to back.

Good advice.

I like the Senate. It is very forgiving, but can still ski aggressively in the course. I haven't skied the Co-x, but have some friends who have and they liked it.

I have the Senate C with Vector bindings. I actually bought it from Shuswap S&B (I'm assuming that's where you're looking). That ski was their recommendation to me. I was getting back into skiing after some years off the water. I'm not a great skier but I absolutely love that ski. It is extremely forgiving yet very aggressive. I'll never be able to ski harder than what that ski is capable of. I was also looking at the Co-efficient X but they put me into the Senate C. I can't speak to the HO as I've never ski'd it. But I'd highly recommend the Senate.  Unfortunately I barely ever get to ski anymore. Young kids and lack of people on our lake who are willing to do anything other than surf makes it impossible to find a legit driver. With that said, I see you're in Calgary. You are more than welcome to take my Senate C and try it for a weekend. Just let me know and I'll bring it home from the lake this weekend. 

On 17 August 2016 at 10:43 PM, MaliWop said:

I have the Senate C with Vector bindings. I actually bought it from Shuswap S&B (I'm assuming that's where you're looking). That ski was their recommendation to me. I was getting back into skiing after some years off the water. I'm not a great skier but I absolutely love that ski. It is extremely forgiving yet very aggressive. I'll never be able to ski harder than what that ski is capable of. I was also looking at the Co-efficient X but they put me into the Senate C. I can't speak to the HO as I've never ski'd it. But I'd highly recommend the Senate.  Unfortunately I barely ever get to ski anymore. Young kids and lack of people on our lake who are willing to do anything other than surf makes it impossible to find a legit driver. With that said, I see you're in Calgary. You are more than welcome to take my Senate C and try it for a weekend. Just let me know and I'll bring it home from the lake this weekend. 

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I will be getting on any more boats this year unfortunately.

I too have a Senate C with Vectors. It's a '13 but the only difference from the '12 is graphics. The CX has a stepped bottom that aims to make it a low drag ride. Unfortunately, I haven't ridden one to see how much of a difference it makes versus the Senate. My previous ski was a 1982 Jobe Open Class and the Senate has waaaaaaaaay less drag than that thing.

You really won't go wrong with either ski, as everyone with either is going to say they love it. I love my Senate and I'm sure I'd be equally happy on the CX.

Since it doesn't sound like you'll have a chance to demo and they have a good deal on both ski's. Buy the one that's the better price. If they are the same price, buy the Senate. It will not disappoint. I went in to buy the Co-efficient and walked out with the Senate C. I wonder what other good deals Hyperactive has right now.

1 hour ago, MaliWop said:

Since it doesn't sound like you'll have a chance to demo and they have a good deal on both ski's. Buy the one that's the better price. If they are the same price, buy the Senate. It will not disappoint. I went in to buy the Co-efficient and walked out with the Senate C. I wonder what other good deals Hyperactive has right now.

They are clearing out everything, hoping to be all sold in the next few weeks. They have a bunch or surf boards/wakeboards/skis all 50% off. A bunch of life jackets, ropes, wetsuits, etc all for really good deals right now too.

2 hours ago, asp13 said:

They are clearing out everything, hoping to be all sold in the next few weeks. They have a bunch or surf boards/wakeboards/skis all 50% off. A bunch of life jackets, ropes, wetsuits, etc all for really good deals right now too.

Dang. This week may have just got more expensive.