Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior lights not turning off

Anyone have any problems with their interior lights not turning off? . Boat is an 07 wakesetter 23lsv and the switch has no effect on the lights as long as the batteries are switched on the interior lights are on.  

Initially it sounds like the lights are wired directly to the battery, I am guessing not. If you don't have the MUX switches I would go straight for the light switch and unplug it. That should isolate the problem! If you have the MUX switches, when you scroll to another screen does that specific MUX button position work for whatever function appears for that button on that different screen? If not then I would guess a bad MUX button/panel.  On the MUX you can move a specific function(s) i.e. "Interior Lights" around to another position on the screen showing or to the other MUX screens (1-4) showing, the HORN is the exception. I would try doing that to isolate the issue to the MUX panel itself by moving the light option around to another position or screen. Will the ALL OFF button on the MUX screen turn everything off including the lights? If not I would bet the MUX panel is bad and that is not an unheard of problem. If you can isolate it to the MUX button or panel you are looking at about a $300.00 bill to replace the MUX panel. There is no other choice really with a MUX, it is all or nothing to fix it. If it is the MUX, IIWM I save myself some labor charge money and lost boat time and would handle removing the 2 nuts and unplugging a wire myself. JM2C.