Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine and electronic die

2009 Response LXI.  The other day the dash shut down and engine died.  It started back up.  Then next day I turned the blower on prior to start up.  Blower ran for 10 sec then all power went out.  Waited a couple minutes and started up but then died on me about 1/2 later.  Charged battery last night and it started fine this morning but Today it died several times while in use.  I got it back on the lift and started it about an hour later.  Let it run in idle for a while and hit the blower button - killed the dash and the engine immediately.  After a few seconds the dash lit up and I started it again then hit the blower button and it killed it again.  Any thoughts?

Add to that-. Just started it agin and let it idle.  Hit the horn and it killed every thing.

Just started again and this time the bilge killed everything.  All three are on the same screen.

Also I have been hitting the reset on the 60 amp.  After doing that the dash beeps for a minute and sometime it will light up.

Does it restart every time after resetting the  60 amp breaker?  I read a thread on here earlier this year where that main breaker had started to corrode.  It worked, but was causing low voltage issues.  Not sure that is what you have going on since it all shuts down but may be worth checking out.  

Replace the 60 breaker with a cheap 50 amp fuse from a stereo place - or just bypass it if you're brave - and see if that fixes problem. If so order another breaker. Check connections at battery, alternator, and grounds while you're at it.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Does it restart every time after resetting the  60 amp breaker?  I read a thread on here earlier this year where that main breaker had started to corrode.  It worked, but was causing low voltage issues.  Not sure that is what you have going on since it all shuts down but may be worth checking out.  

Thanks for the tip.  I checked the connections to the breaker and that was it.  Neg was a little corroded and a bit loose.  Cleaned it up a bit and tightened it down good and I think we are set!