Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Jeep Wrangler 4 door

skylerchamblee

3 hours ago, skylerchamblee said:

Does anyone pull with a Jeep Wrangler 4 door? We have an 08 23' lsv. Just curious if anyone pulls with one.

That is a bad idea.  As in someone gets hurt kind of idea. Don't.

My dad has an 07 or 08 Unlimited.  I used it once to back my old Crownline into a tight garage.  That boat really buried it's rear end, and it was 1000 pounds lighter than my LSV.

I'd maybe use it to launch and retrieve if I was in a bind.  But nor more than that.

The guy I bought my boat from used one to pull the boat to do the water test.  On the way to the reservoir I was clinching buttocks the whole trip and we didn't even get over 35 mph.    

Thanks for the response. I was just curious. I agree with all I wouldn't do it.  we don't have a jeep yet but wifey is wanting one. The Denali works fine 

I pulled my vlx to the carwash a couple of blocks away, very slowly.  No way would I ever do it full time.  If you have stock 3.21's don't even think about it.  Plus the suspension on the jeep is really soft and it sags.  Now mine is lifted with 35's, but cant imagine pulling the thing any faster than 10 or 15 mph.

23 hours ago, skylerchamblee said:

Does anyone pull with a Jeep Wrangler 4 door? We have an 08 23' lsv. Just curious if anyone pulls with one.

OBMlXIxpgoiDAgZi1NXxOxKe059iH6gAJMvNlSsq

Edited by SoDakSooner
2 hours ago, itznowonder said:

My grand Cherokee is barely enough

1027120858_zps8tqflvdr.jpg

I had an 05 that could have been your GC's twin.  It did fine towing my 21' sterndrive, but I wouldn't use it with my LSV.

IMG_0112_zps7mbsrqxv.jpg

Edited by RyanB
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

No way I'd pull an LSV.  But it works for little direct drives.post-8942-0-97535100-1448301202_thumb.jp

...and I put air bags inside the coils and have 3.73 gearing to even make this little bit of work happen.

• Like 2

A coworker pulls his 19' Crownline with his 4 dr Wrangler.... probably a 3k or 4k boat & trailer. It looks great but performs terribly. Getting going up a hill from a light, stopping quickly, even pulling up the ramp without dropping it into low range. It'll do it, but the Jeep will suffer.

Buy a beater pickup if you don't trailer too far.  We had one for years at the cabin.  Paid about $2,000 for it and put about 100 miles a year on it.  Gave it away when new son in law showed up with a newer pickup.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, RyanB said:

I had an 05 that could have been your GC's twin.  It did fine towing my 21' sterndrive, but I wouldn't use it with my LSV.

IMG_0112_zps7mbsrqxv.jpg

A certain member here tows his 247 with a Hemi powered '05.  Not sure if he has had it on the freeway.

2 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

A certain member here tows his 247 with a Hemi powered '05.  Not sure if he has had it on the freeway.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should... 

• Like 4

Not sure I would pull a 247 but we do pull our VLX with the sister vehicle...durango.  Rated at 7100 lbs.  It is a foot longer than the GC. I will say there is plenty of power and pulls way better than our old Tahoe.  I would pull an LSV with it but probably no bigger.7ec1gUaOQ-_HDuxSnL2AmXcMi2OP_Pc5h3-ZbfVp

10 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

IMG_20140813_195601_497_zpshryo0dxv.jpg

I only pull it to the gas station, then drop it back in the water to go live on the lift. It has enough power to move it around, but just a bit undersized to ever feel comfortable with it back there.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TimbrSS said:

IMG_20140813_195601_497_zpshryo0dxv.jpg

I only pull it to the gas station, then drop it back in the water to go live on the lift. It has enough power to move it around, but just a bit undersized to ever feel comfortable with it back there.

Holy smoke that thing is huge compared to the GC. Yep, pretty much wouldn't want that setup at 70mph :)

3 hours ago, Claire1000 said:

That's a just fine idea, unless you want to do any of the following:

• Stop
  • Go
  • Turn
  • Go Up a Hill
  • Go Down A Hill

You forgot, "back up."

I pull my 2010 LSV with a Jeep Liberty... It is a diesel and no issues.... I have pulled the boat on a 200 mile trip with no issues and no sways..... Mine is rated at 7,000 lbs towing capacity... I mainly only tow 1.5 miles each way.. The Grand Cherokee is up to 7,400 lbs ( either V8 or diesel, not the V6)... The Unlimited is only rated for 3,500 lbs though (lets see what happens when they finally release it with the diesel)