Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu touch 7'' screen problem

My 7'' touchscreen has problem. It is like if i was touching the radio power button from ON to OFF and again and again. it has for effect to block all the function and the 12'' screen too. Sometime, i power off the battery, restart the system and it work. then later it begin another time. I know there is service bulletin for a similar problem, but the screen is out of the scope. any help. 22vlx 2016, with latest software MY2016 01-2016 V1. thanks.

it's a known problem. You need a new 7" screen, which is the CPU for both screens. There is allegedly a new model coming out, but they are not in the wild yet. 

Been having problems with my larger screen Blinking for 2 seasons now and no fix, I think they want to replace the 7" but everything works great! I would hate to replace it and have all the other issues I have heard about, My screen blinks on and off all day long, 

17 hours ago, Brian Young said:

it's a known problem. You need a new 7" screen, which is the CPU for both screens. There is allegedly a new model coming out, but they are not in the wild yet. 

Don't know about that. Mine is at the dealer being replaced and I was told they had to get the new screen overnighted for my boat as the software wouldn't upload the screens they had. I believe I am getting a new one.

On 8/13/2016 at 2:53 PM, Brian Young said:
On 8/13/2016 at 2:05 PM, 2008vlx said:

My 7'' touchscreen has problem. It is like if i was touching the radio power button from ON to OFF and again and again. it has for effect to block all the function and the 12'' screen too. Sometime, i power off the battery, restart the system and it work. then later it begin another time. I know there is service bulletin for a similar problem, but the screen is out of the scope. any help. 22vlx 2016, with latest software MY2016 01-2016 V1. thanks.

On 8/13/2016 at 2:53 PM, Brian Young said:

Yep. New screens have already been released.

Anyone know when the new screens came out?  FWIW, I have one small issue on my 12" but none of the other issues discussed with 40 hours of use now on my 2016.  Just wondering if my build got the "new" screen already.  

I had my 7" screen replaced for the third time last month. Dealer said the corrected screens from Medalion were not out as of then, and I would need another one eventually. Just going off what I was told, from a reliable source. 

• 6 years later...

I have replaced my 7in screen on my 2018 23 lsv Just beacuse it was warrentied , it still works just had a little bit of screen bubble if anyways needs one to get out of a bind because i know there on back order let me know and I would be willing to sell cheap.