Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSA sensor

I crew, I am looking for someone with an LSA supercharged engine that could take a picture of the throttle body area of the engine. I have a sensor on mine that has no electric plug hooked up to it. I am having throttle problems with my boat and am just trying to eliminate problems. 

I tried to post a picture on here but can't seem to figure it out anymore and the help section wouldn't work for me neither. 

Picture can be emailed to me if need be

Joel

There is a sensor on that engine that we do not use. It looks like a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor It is a sensor that in automotive applications is used to send a continuous barometric pressure reading back to the ECM primarily to compensate for changes in altitude. It is possible in an automotive application to go from sea level to 5000 feet without ever shutting the engine off so they need that continuous barometric pressure update. In a marine application,we just take a baro reading at start up and update at each restart. We just leave that sensor there to plug the hole but don't use the data.

If the RPM is being limited by some electronic/control issue it will generally set some type of trouble code. If the RPM is limited by some mechanical fault it may not set a trouble code. Also, not all trouble codes are necessarily displayed or displayed accurately on the dashboard of the boat. We only rely on a scan tool such as Diacom for accurate trouble code information.

thanks. I spent a day troubleshooting before I sent it off to my dealer. Now my boat has been sitting at the dealer for 2 weeks they checked the codes I guess but thats it! Now summer has finally got here and I am starting to panic. 

boat runs good sounds normal, no codes, temp and oil pressure are fine...but feels like it has 200hp. the throttle feels normal till about half way. Then the second half of the throttle does nothing...