Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds SD tuning tips...

NCSurfing

Hey guys...trying to get my new system dialed in and looking for some guidance.  What settings do you/should I run with the following;

-SD2 powering a xxx12 sub

-SD2 running 2 pair of rev 8s, wired in parallel 

-SD6 running the inboats - main cabin (4 total) wired individually to channels 1-4 and each pair of bow (4 total) wired in parallel to channels 5&6

Thx in advance!

Just now, MLA said:

Get this from your retailer, thats what they are there for. 

Was thinking about just pinging you directly...went with the setup you recommended and it's awesome - really appreciate your input.  My retailer is out of town so can't get him until Monday and wanted to dial it in for the weekend. Any tips?

NC,

Correct system tuning is detailed, complex and takes some explanation and time. It is not as easy as a few quick ABC settings, at least for those who really know what they are doing. The more you know about audio the more you tend to take into consideration. The less you know, the more simplistic the prescription tends to get...and the less accurate the outcome tends to be. It's just not something that is handy over the net. That's why it is best to depend on a good, knowledgeable dealer for instruction. In the meantime, a safe setting would be to set all HP & LP filters @ 100 Hz. This will definitely not be your final settings by any means....but safe until Monday.