Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oneal slasher vest

surfdude

Looks nice but I've never worn it.

Me and a buddy both use the O'Neill Revenge.  It is USCG approved and from what we both found the best USCG vest for tall people.  Take a look; the style is similar to that Slasher vest and is pretty comfortable.

I have worn various O'neill  gooru vests since 2007, but this year I wanted to mix it up and try the slasher. The slasher is basically the gooru but with a front zip. 

I like it a lot. It's comfortable has good padding for hard falls, but it super thin and light. The new foam stays a lot lighter than the old stuff too. 

I still prefer the feel of a pull over vest, but the zipper keeps the vest a little stiffer which helps it not roll up on falls as much. 

Make sure you get the vest as small as you can handle just like with pull overs. I have a 40" chest but I wear the small and it fits great after it broke in. They stretch a ton and roll up a lot if you get it too big. 

1 hour ago, surfdude said:

Thanks for the replies. Interesting that you went all the way to a small Mitch.

A couple of years ago I wore a medium gooru because it felt good in the store. After a month it would roll over my head on hard falls because it was so loose

I've been wearing the Slasher since last season. I like it. Feels like a pull over, but a lot easier to get in and out of. It doesn't float all that great, but it's enough. I've also worn the USCG Revenge, did not like it. I thought it was bulky, as all the extra neoprene there was, just so it look cool. Also broke a rip right where the offset buckles sit. Not sure if it was related, but I like to blame it on the buckle. 

I wear a medium Slasher, 6' tall 195 lbs. Like mentioned, they do stretch out a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...