Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile Demo Equipment

pauley71

I was considering a demo item from Exile.  Anyone had any experience with their demos?  Assume they come with a new warranty, but are they "like new"?  Are they warranty issues that got repaired?  TIA

Pretty confident Brian would back up any product going out there door.  I would have no problem buying demo equipment from them.  You won't regret going with Exile, my system has been hammering it out for past two seasons with no issues.

@Fman - Thanks.  I assumed so based on the comments here about the customer service.  My only issue is that I sent a question via the contact page (weeks ago) and got zero response and my voice mail from yesterday has yet to be answered.  Makin' me nervous ...

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

@Fman - Thanks.  I assumed so based on the comments here about the customer service.  My only issue is that I sent a question via the contact page (weeks ago) and got zero response and my voice mail from yesterday has yet to be answered.  Makin' me nervous ...

Keep in mind that summer is like the Black Friday/Christmas season for anyone in the watersports business. I do agree that it's a bit odd not to have been contacted yet, but I'm sure they're crazy busy even this late in the season.

Heres the concern with demo/used/trade-in/repaired/etc gear. You are dependent upon its availability. You could wait 3 years for demo gear to pop up in order to build the system you set out to build. Or, you are building a system based on what does come available. In other words, selling off the shelf. 

As to getting questions answered. Have you considered contacting your local exile dealer? Why not work through them and support them. Im sure they can get all your questions answered right away. Thats the advantage to having a large dealer network staffed with installers with product knowledge. 

4 hours ago, pauley71 said:

I would juse give them a call and see what's up.  As others mentioned it's summer and they are more than likely crazy busy.

7 hours ago, pauley71 said:

I was considering a demo item from Exile.  Anyone had any experience with their demos?  Assume they come with a new warranty, but are they "like new"?  Are they warranty issues that got repaired?  TIA

Quote, [....but are they "like new"?]

Typically 'demo' is code for a demonstration product, an open box, a display product, but not one that has been in a customers boat. However, the truth is that most of the time the 'demo' products are actually trade-ins, used, repaired, refurbished or remanufactured. If the product is discontinued and has been out of circulation for some time, then the 'used' status would be obvious. When a defective or failed product has been exchanged under warranty then this produces a so-called demo product, although that designation wouldn't be correct. Product appearances, and whether or not they have small blemishes, will differ unit by unit. So to answer your question, you will have to ask the source some very direct and specific questions, item by item.

Here's been my concern about used and trade-in products. Usually the consumer wasn't satisfied with the product because it didn't fit the application or wasn't initially matched to the consumers expectations. So sometimes the consumer over-worked the product HARD, HARD, HARD. In my experience, amplifiers that have been repeatedly and consistently driven to the brink of their thermal capacity have suffered cumulative damage and never sound right again. Or, speakers that have fatigued spiders and thermal damage to the voice coil even though they still play. You have no way of knowing whether or not the product still performs up to its original standards. How have these products been tested. Big companies will have electronic jigs to verify the condition, especially for amplifiers. Again, this is where you need to ask some very direct and specific questions up front.    

4 hours ago, Fman said:

I would juse give them a call and see what's up.  As others mentioned it's summer and they are more than likely crazy busy.

If you are on Instagram, hit up the exile crew there, they are all on the lake the past couple of weekends.

35 minutes ago, MLA said:

If you are on Instagram, hit up the exile crew there, they are all on the lake the past couple of weekends.

I wish I was on the water as much as that EXile MB is. 

• Like 2

I doube checked with Exile. Demo equipment comes with a 90 day warranty instead of the 1 year but they QC them and make them like new again. Consider it more like an Open Box buy.