Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fixed Wedge Needed - 2004 LSV

Ceesub

Was out riding this weekend and the foil on my fixed wedge came unbolted while deployed. Not sure exactly what happened, but somehow on one side (port) of the wedge all the countersunk allen bolts sheared off! I checked them all at the beginning of the season and all seemed in order, but none the less, they sheared off. As a result, the down-arm on the side that didn't shear bent at about 90 degrees. I have a friend trying to bend it back, but I am not sure that it will be possible. Does anyone know where I might get a replacement down-arm or a new wedge assembly for my 2004 LSV? I don't need the boat mount, and really don't want to convert to a floating wedge, but would rather just fix or replace what I have. Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Ceesub said:

Was out riding this weekend and the foil on my fixed wedge came unbolted while deployed. Not sure exactly what happened, but somehow on one side (port) of the wedge all the countersunk allen bolts sheared off! I checked them all at the beginning of the season and all seemed in order, but none the less, they sheared off. As a result, the down-arm on the side that didn't shear bent at about 90 degrees. I have a friend trying to bend it back, but I am not sure that it will be possible. Does anyone know where I might get a replacement down-arm or a new wedge assembly for my 2004 LSV? I don't need the boat mount, and really don't want to convert to a floating wedge, but would rather just fix or replace what I have. Thanks in advance!

Call the Malibu dealer in coldwater Michigan. They had one in eBay a week ago. They might still have it. 

• 5 months later...

If you know someone with CNC machine, I have the the whole wedge (foil and arms) in autocad.. If you want to cut them out and drill the holes I have the pdf printouts of the cad drawings. Whatever route you take on fixing your problem.. have the arms welded to the foil and this will never happen again.. that was my solution after 3 incidences ;)

If you want the drawings pm me

Common issue with the fixed wedge. 

If you decide to buy new, just bite the bullet and convert to a floater. The bracket swap is super easy as it is the same holes and backing plate...4 bolts and a little sealant you will be good to go.  Reselling the old bracket will make back part of the cost of the new one.  

Fixed and floating wedge units new are about the same price.  Just doesn't make sense to buy a new fixed wedge - you are basically upgrading to a floater for only a couple hundred out of pocket. Now used...Go for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2017 at 5:29 PM, kerpluxal said:

If you know someone with CNC machine, I have the the whole wedge (foil and arms) in autocad.. If you want to cut them out and drill the holes I have the pdf printouts of the cad drawings. Whatever route you take on fixing your problem.. have the arms welded to the foil and this will never happen again.. that was my solution after 3 incidences ;)

If you want the drawings pm me

PM Sent

On 2/13/2017 at 4:33 PM, Romi said:

I have one from 2005 LSV. If your interested i can get some pictures if you want.  I converted to a chrome one after a year of use.

interested...pm sent

• 4 weeks later...

had same happen to me. bakes is good, I got lucky tho when I posted on here and @Nutoz sent me a spare arm. Bending back takes quite some work to get it to return to perfect form.

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting this.  I had the exact same issue occur yesterday to my 2004 Wakesetter 23 LSV.  I found an image on another site where this happened to someone else and mine looks identical. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803656

Any way...I see that Bakes Online sells new arms.  Anyone have a manual wedge they aren't using that they'd like to sell me?  Or how about any other options?