Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for opinions on price

Arick

Looking to see what TMC thinks my boat is worth.  Its 94 echelon closed bow

Its a great boat, i freakin love this thing and will miss it once its goine.  I just can't justify having two boats. :(   It runs great, starts every time and puts out a nice flat wake!

As far as hours go the computron says it has 8,XXX hours on it, which isn't true( Everything else on the computron works well).  From what I was told the original owner used it as much as "an average skier would".  The second owners might have put an hour on it.  To me, it looks 10x than my 480 hour Sunsetter.  It has all its service records, original manuals etc...  The trailer is good.  Its a sharp looking boat! Only one or two scratches on it, no rips in the seats. Can't really think of anything else.  I listed below what I've done since I owned it. From what I see currently the market looks to be around 9-10k for boats that that appear to be "rough".  Will have to get some better interior pictures.  It does have a swim deck thats in great shape. 

What I've done:

• new gas line
  • new fuel pump
  • rebuilt carb
  • new coil
  • Plugs/wire
  • Rear bench lower seat was recovered, matches really well
  • New JL 7.7s, new cd deck, JL sub

20160707_161200_zpscne6ffc4.jpg

20160707_160831_zpskfjx3ntq.jpg

94Malibu_echelon_3_zpsb45215bb.jpg

20160707_161211_zpsynoghnp7.jpg

It's in good shape and it has nice colors that have stood the test of time. I didn't know the hours exactly on mine and many of the computron era are incorrect. I have watched craigslist like a hawk for 6 months and my vote is to list at 12 and be ready to take 10. It's lacks wedge and tower so you need a skier to buy it or someone that wants a quality runabout. lots of folks on my lake now are buying 90's inboards because they are generally well cared for and hold up better than I/O boats of the era.

• Like 2

There are a ton of these Echelon's poping up for sale.  The nicer looking ones seem to be priced $9500 to $11000 but have been listed for some time. So either people aren't making offers or the owners wont deal.  I just sold my '93 Echeln LX with a tower, perfectpass, dual battery setup and a tandem trailer. I listed it for $11800 and sold it for $10500. My gelcoat and teak platform were in great condition. The carpet was matted down but no stains or tears. The vinyl was okay with a couple nicks and some stiching starting to come loose.  I dont feel like I gave mine away but it would have been nice to get more. But I like you already own a scond Malibu and did not want to store boats for the winter.  I agree to list it for 11 or 12 but be ready to take high 9's or low 10's. Also concider it is the middle of august and the season is starting to wind down.