Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered new Raptor today

surfdude

yeah, that's been a gripe of mine with the MagRide also.  Why aren't there custom settings?  Why can't I stiffen up the rear with a switch when towing or heavily loaded?

IIRC, I called the lifted truck thing in your move thread...  Sounds like I might be somewhat close...  :)

@IXFE I think you misunderstood my post. I'm not saying to use a raptor as a rock crawling trail rig. Just comparing it to built jeeps that never see the dirt. I say get a raptor as a DD. They're bad a__!  But don't hesitate to take it on that country Texas road or out to the sand dunes or high desert plains and open her up every now and again. To never use it as intended because "it's so expensive" as another member states is wasteful and silly in my opinion. 

18 hours ago, isellacuras said:

@IXFE I think you misunderstood my post. I'm not saying to use a raptor as a rock crawling trail rig. Just comparing it to built jeeps that never see the dirt. I say get a raptor as a DD. They're bad a__!  But don't hesitate to take it on that country Texas road or out to the sand dunes or high desert plains and open her up every now and again. To never use it as intended because "it's so expensive" as another member states is wasteful and silly in my opinion. 

When I said off road, I meant truly off road. Not dirt roads, or even fire roads with some growth on them. This guy takes his through the woods, tight trails, light duty rock passages, etc. For a new truck, it sure has a lot of chips and scratches and wheel dings. If that's your thing and don't mind the truck wearing the badges of honor, your truck do what you want. I just don't have the wallet or stomach to drop that much coin on a vehicle and beat it like that. 

So I get the Raptor back tomorrow. They did nothing but refill the trans oil. Ford says my transmission oil is foaming because I did not use a weight distribution hitch. Give me a break! An off road designed truck, whose oil foams because of not using a equalizer hitch. Then they told me there is not any record of the previous 2 week shop visit, because no repair was done. Starting to get really mad!!

I love my raptor and so far much more reliable then my M235.  MSRP special order through local dealer.  Next time my M235 breaks I take pic of my M235 sqauting the back end on the way to the dealer.  Hopefully no foaming transmission fluid. 

It is the ultimate pot hole and dirt road machine.  Ride is so much better then my Tundra and some how it's even easier to park with a better turning radius.  Good thing I don't tow my boat much since gas mileage tanks with towing with the ecoboost.

IMG_5514.jpg