Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered new Raptor today

surfdude

Chevy's Reaper is targeting the same audience as Ford's Raptor but haven't seen it mentioned on this F150 forum.  Worked with a guy that has one with a supercharged 6.2.  Pretty nuts.

On 9/15/2016 at 7:02 AM, DAI said:

@surfdude Once you take delivery would you mind snapping a pic with your '14 LSV hooked up?  I'm interested to see how much it sags.  I'm seriously considering getting one once the premium go down after the initial launch.  Many thanks.

My boat will be in storage,but maybe I can find a pic on my wife's computer, truck does not sag too much. It drops 3"or 4" at the ball, apears level from the side. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2016 at 11:47 PM, hethj7 said:

I would love a Raptor or this Shelby at the local dealer. 700HP ?

5B9CD953-EC2B-439B-BDC3-8EEBE80B88F5_zps

No such thing as a a Shelby truck. It is just an upfit package that uses the name.....

1 hour ago, ConnollyCrew said:

No such thing as a a Shelby truck. It is just an upfit package that uses the name.....

I'm not sure what you mean.  An upfit package that uses the name?  I've seen one in the wild and its on Shelby's website.  500 of them being made.  700 horsepower with Shelby's plaques and serial numbers.  I mean, I guess Carroll didn't design the whole darn truck, but they're sure holding it out there as a Shelby.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  An upfit package that uses the name?  I've seen one in the wild and its on Shelby's website.  500 of them being made.  700 horsepower with Shelby's plaques and serial numbers.  I mean, I guess Carroll didn't design the whole darn truck, but they're sure holding it out there as a Shelby.

Hmmm, I will check it out. I am a Ford dealer and last check Shelby industries informed me they were not producing but they did allow an upfit company to use their name likeness for an F150 package. If it Is being built by Shelby Industries I will see how many I can get!!

Thanks 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, surfdude said:

Kinda like the Reaper, you have to buy the truck and ship it off to the up fitter. That's why I like the raptor, dealer warranty and delivery.

Not sure what you mean by this.   The Shelby picture I took is from my Ford dealers lot - I didn't ask, but assume I'd be looking to them for warranty service if it was bought there.   

I was told when I looked into a reaper, that you order the truck, get it at the dealer, then ship it to them,  they upfit , ship it back. All engine and suspension warranty is through Lingenfellter. This is why you don't see many, expensive. Kinda the same as if you do the roush blown raptor, which costs 11k, and needs to be shipped off.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2016 at 11:47 PM, hethj7 said:

I would love a Raptor or this Shelby at the local dealer. 700HP ?

5B9CD953-EC2B-439B-BDC3-8EEBE80B88F5_zps

So, I call Shelby America to inquire about the Shelby F150. They tell me Tuscany is building this unit with permission to use the Shelby name. ? Drop 

Edited by ConnollyCrew
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:12 PM, surfdude said:

I was told when I looked into a reaper, that you order the truck, get it at the dealer, then ship it to them,  they upfit , ship it back. All engine and suspension warranty is through Lingenfellter. This is why you don't see many, expensive. Kinda the same as if you do the roush blown raptor, which costs 11k, and needs to be shipped off.

Expensive, but if you regularly purchase vehicles, probably not a bad investment.  Rare + big name tuner like that will likely have a good resale value.  If you have the funds and intend to sell, it is only expensive if there is a big depreciation hit. 

On 9/28/2016 at 8:12 PM, surfdude said:

False. The original Roushcharged Raptors  where all done at the dealer level and included the 5/60 powertrain warranty. They then moved to a per purchase warranty program, still offering the 5/60 warranty but could option different cost levels based on warranty period. I would know.

16 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Interesting.   But, in my mind it is still a "Shelby" and you can still buy it at the dealer.   Good article below - I think Shelby was involved a little more than just licensing use of their name   

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151103006598/en/Shelby-American-Tuscany-Motor-Team-Introduce-All-New

Understood, not trying to be a jerk. I don't see it as a Shelby bc it didn't roll out of Shelby's facility. We add Roush components to our Mustangs as we are Roush dealers, but if Roush didnt build it its not a Roush. JMO. We all see things as we see them.

On 10/21/2016 at 7:29 PM, Bawshogg said:

False. The original Roushcharged Raptors  where all done at the dealer level and included the 5/60 powertrain warranty. They then moved to a per purchase warranty program, still offering the 5/60 warranty but could option different cost levels based on warranty period. I would know.

Not false, where I live,the dealer would not do the mod. Was told the truck had to be shipped to salt lake.

What you were told and what was the truth was might just be two different things. The dealer you spoke to must not have had a Roush certified installation technician. 

I personally installed a half dozen or more of those Roush Raptor kits..... myself ..... at the dealer level. Even did all the calibration changes that come with them, and registered them for warranty . See how that statement is not true?

Edited by Bawshogg

Well Baws, bison Ford in podunk GreatFalls mt does not have a roush technician, so the truck had to be shipped if I wanted it done. I doubt that any Ford dealer in Montana is roush certified. Moot point now, as the new truck should be here in a month. My 14 will be for sale shortly. If anyone is interested. Then take it to Baws for the roush upgrade. I think he'll do it for about 6k!

• 1 month later...

Still F'n waiting, and I have to do the deal before the end of the month for tax purposes. There seems to be a hold on the early builds at the factory for some kind of mod. Read that it is a transmission reprogram. There are so many rumors on the Raptor forum, so god only knows. My truck was built in November, but still sitting at the factory. Really frustrating. Makes it hard to get serious about pricing my 2014 aggressively. Ford kinda dropped the ball on this.

Still F'n waiting, and I have to do the deal before the end of the month for tax purposes. There seems to be a hold on the early builds at the factory for some kind of mod. Read that it is a transmission reprogram. There are so many rumors on the Raptor forum, so god only knows. My truck was built in November, but still sitting at the factory. Really frustrating. Makes it hard to get serious about pricing my 2014 aggressively. Ford kinda dropped the ball on this.  END OF THE YEAR SALE! 2014 RAPTOR 44000$

Edited by surfdude
  • 2 weeks later...