Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mercury 350 TBI - Fuel line to Vapor Separator

So I removed the line to see if maybe there was a screen there. Now it won't seal and leaks. :( 

If I use TPE thread sealant, then it leaks out the tube area.  It is acting like the flaring seal is bad. Any idea on possible fixes with out buying a new line?

Thanks.

95 Malibu Response.

I would get some copper gaskets made for  flare fittings, designed for metal to metal under high pressure.  If you want to seal the threads use permatex form a gasket aviation #3. The tape can cause clogs if it gets loose in the system and I don't think is recommended for fuel applications.   Those copper gaskets have stopped my frustrating leaks.

is there a way that you can take a photo and post up what line has to be removed to clean the screen? I just bought a 95 response and want to make sure the screen I have read about is clear on mine. 

footndale you wouldn't happen to be the gentleman that I spoke with the other day on the barefoot boom in Fremont WI would you?

thanks!

7 hours ago, vshockey10 said:

is there a way that you can take a photo and post up what line has to be removed to clean the screen? I just bought a 95 response and want to make sure the screen I have read about is clear on mine. 

footndale you wouldn't happen to be the gentleman that I spoke with the other day on the barefoot boom in Fremont WI would you?

thanks!

Don't think there is screen on Mercruiser. I didn't see one.

I haven't talked to anyone about a boom. Sorry.