Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Paddle Wheel of Zero Off

bbattiste247

I have had my 2016 23 lsv for nearly a year now, and I just realized that my Zero Off GPS does not read the accurate speed. We all have been surfing under 10 mph and anything above that is too fast and my top speed was only 32 mph. So, I recently downloaded an app and discovered that my GPS speedometer is way under. Okay, no problem, I just go into my settings and calibrate the speed, but it only calibrates the paddle wheel. Does anyone know how to calibrate my Zero Off GPS? According to the app, which is right on with several car speedometers, under 15 mph is off by about 1-2 mph, but above 20 mph it is off by 3-4 mph. My paddle wheel speedometer is correct, but not my GPS. I would prefer to use the Zero Off, but I would like it to be accurate. Can I fix this?

Edited by bbattiste247
Small error

@bbattiste247:  there have been issues with various GPS pucks and updates from ZO to solve issues.  There are also software upgrades, I think they are on Revision R now.  I would contact ZO direct to see what they suggest, there are forum conversations on the issue also so you could google that topic.