Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cooler Drain install in 03 wakesetter VLX

Jakeee

My 03' wakesetter doesnt seem to have any sort of cooler drain. Someone has tried to drill 2 different holes in it at the bottom of the floor to allow it to drain into the hull, but that is not equal to the bottom of the cooler. Plus the holes dont line up. Any ideas what people have done?? Its seems the 04 and up have drains??

Are you really using that as a cooler? As in throwing bags of ice in there? I bought the Malibu cooler bag the fits under that seat and it holds the cold alot better than just emptying a few bags of ice in there. Plus you dont have to worry about the drain. 

cooler is def needed for us, we use the area behind the drivers seat for a kitchen size garbage can, which also gets full of cans in a days use. anyone willing to send a close up pic of the drain they have? cant seem to find this malibu cooler bag? or never heard of ao.

It should have a drain, My '03 vlx has one, but they are notorious for plugging up.  Not really a cooler at all IMO, just a storage compartment with a drain..  Bought the AO several years ago and it works great. Holds Ice all day... plus you just pull it out to drain...no mess at all.

FWIW the drain in my boat is not in the bottom, it is in the rear wall of the "cooler".  That way they force drain when you take off and when you are in the normal bow at least slightly up position when moving.

Edited by oldjeep
  • 4 weeks later...

I have an '02 Wakesetter VLX. I think my drain has a flap on it to help hold in a certain mix of ice and water. I thought my drain was clogged so I stuck a coat hanger down the drain. It felt like I opened the gate and the water started draining. Once I pulled the coat hanger out the drain stopped. Any insights?