Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aiden getting down the half cab... State final tourney next up...

ConnollyCrew

7 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Nice!  Age 9?

7 hours ago, Fman said:

Nice riding, so fun to watch kids progress, he is a little shredder no doubt! best of luck to him at his competition!

Is he riding in the INT?

Yes, Alabama INT. If he places top two the he qualifies for Eastern Regionals. I hope he rides well this weekend for sure!

3 hours ago, powderjay said:

cool!  age??

7 hours ago, Stevo said:

He looks very comfortable out there, crushing it.

Are you out there on the 2nd line? 

Nah, I am in the boat. That is his coach, Mike Townsend. Our running agreement is that if he rides I ride. At this pace I will be crippled in two years. ???

Edited by ConnollyCrew
2 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Yes, Alabama INT. If he places top two the he qualifies for Eastern Regionals. I hope he rides well this weekend for sure!

Nah, I am in the boat. That is his coach, Mike Townsend. Our running agreement is that if he rides I ride. At this pace I will be crippled in two years. ???

Crippled, but possibly in a shiny new boat if he delivers. ?

• Like 2

He's surpassed me now. I don't even do half cabs. I have work to do this weekend. lol

It's been super fun watching him progress this season man. Looks like our game of "O-U-T" (the wakeboard version of HORSE) is gonna be more interesting next year. :D

• Like 1

Just wait until he lands his first invert, it will be one of the best moments on your boat!!! I guarantee it... Yelling and cheers to be heard around the lake! and yes you better jump in the water and high five him! :thumbup:

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Fman said:

Just wait until he lands his first invert, it will be one of the best moments on your boat!!! I guarantee it... Yelling and cheers to be heard around the lake! and yes you better jump in the water and high five him! :thumbup:

Yep, and then it's dad's turn!!

4 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Yep, and then it's dad's turn!!

I have this same deal with my youngest daughter. Looks like I am trying toe front rolls at 48.

Watching kids do something new for the first time is awesome.

• Like 3

I tried a couple back rolls this season...epic fail.  I then realized at 44 I should live vicariously through my son and his friends.  I gotta have my legs to work which is always a concern.  If I had a desk job I might be more willing to take some harder hits and try to land a backroll....

• Like 2

I landed (for the first time) a front roll 180.  Felt a weird pain in my knee, which is still there now (2 months later after xrays and PT).  Age 47.  I actually was ready to sell the wakeboards after that, but my wife talked me out of it.

Now I'm eyeballing the ski team jump, and I keep telling myself "NO!" but man that jump is calling me...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bamabonners said:

Definitely a future shredder.  My son took a few hard face plants on the wakeboard and decided he liked slalom ski much better.  LOL  

Aiden has taken his share too. He took one hell of a fp last month working on his w2w. Maybe 21 mph landed lost his balance and hands went straight out then ...... WHAMO It hurt just to see that. 

Wait until he starts trying inverts, those hurt.  The worse falls my son takes are with 360's, getting off axis and catching an edge.  I'm trying to keep his speed at 20.5, the slower the better to help with the hard falls.  At 65' 20.5 full ballast and wedge 2 up I can still get a clean wake for him and it's about perfect for landing w2w on inverts and spins.

Do you have a trampoline?  A great way for him to start practicing spins and inverts.  The trampoline is what helped my son start landing inverts.