Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starter trouble.....I think?

I've got a 07 lsv24 and lately when I turn the key to start it just clicks. I swapped out batteries thinking this was the problem, but did not help, so I just kept turning it and then it cranked right up on about the 10th click!  Once I get it on the water and try to restart after shutting it off ( usually 5min-1hr) it will only click 1-3 times then fire right up!  Any thoughts?  Thanks for the help

Loose or corroded battery or starter cable connections? Make sure they are clean and tight at the battery and engine. if all is good and batteries are charged up then it may be the starter going out...

Check the battery connections on the battery posts, any battery switch you have installed, the positive cable on the starter & the negative at the block.

If you know the batteries are good, then you can remove the starter (about 1/2 hr if you know your way around an engine) & take it into any auto parts store to have it checked. You can get the old one rebuilt for a bit over $100 in most cities. Ask the auto parts guys who rebuilds marine starters. DO NOT use a car starter in the boat though.

Good luck.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

If you are getting clicks then you are getting power to the starter. Check to ensure you have a solid 12v to the starter when someone turns the key. If you are getting a solid 12v then most likely it is going to be the starter or the solenoid! The starter is can of soup simple so unless the starter had a catastphic failure unlikely, I would bet money on the solenoid.