Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MUX switch replacement

ejkravetz

I apologize in advance as I am new user here on the forums.  I am having an issue on the right hand side of the dash with a MUX switch.  The radio will keep on turning on and off randomly and therefore is draining the battery and causing issues.  Not to mention that we can not use the stereo at this time.  

I searched it out and found there was a PDF doc floating around the forums with some instructions on how to replace the switch or reprogram some of the buttons.  When I found it it looks like the post was quite old and it says due to my account  can't open it. I am wondering if anyone can please point me in the right direction or send over that doc.  Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times or if this should go to another part of the forum. 

I appreciate any help you can give me. :-)

It's a 2009 Malibu Response LXi

Yes it is... However it says I can't access it based on my account. Not sure why that is.  I thought it might be because it's such an old post.  I am clearly missing something.  Would it be possible for you to e-mail that over to me?  Sorry for the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Im a member but i cant view it either. I will warn you though, i have the same issue with my MUX and even had an issue with the left one randomly honking my horn! I replaced both and its still shutting off and turning back on my stereo. So its NOT the mux.... ive asked local malibu dealers and no one can help because it doesnt do it everytime which makes it hard to Troubleshoot. 

• 1 year later...
On August 19, 2016 at 4:54 PM, livingforthelsv said:

Im a member but i cant view it either. I will warn you though, i have the same issue with my MUX and even had an issue with the left one randomly honking my horn! I replaced both and its still shutting off and turning back on my stereo. So its NOT the mux.... ive asked local malibu dealers and no one can help because it doesnt do it everytime which makes it hard to Troubleshoot. 

I am having the same exact issue and replaced the Ecm to fix my power wedge issues last year. Now the "up" switch on the  mux is non responsive and the wedge won't move. I was going to buy a new MUX but it looks like by your post that might not be the issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

• 1 year later...

Hi Mike,

I am a new owner a second hand Malibu with the same MUX issue you had. I know this is a very old post, but wondering if you got to the bottom of your problem?

Thanks,

luke