Sign in to follow this  
cgeaves

Waterless Shower

cgeaves

I have a new to me 97 Echelon with a shower that produces no water. I can hear the pump buzzing and a gurgling sound from the showerhead but no water - hot or cold. Any suggestions on what to check?

kbtheboz

Your pump has a small rubber impeller, just like your raw water pump on your engine. I'd start there, and if that's not it, look for a restriction on your suction side.

Good luck.

cgeaves
Your pump has a small rubber impeller, just like your raw water pump on your engine. I'd start there, and if that's not it, look for a restriction on your suction side.

Good luck.

I was not able to follow the hot and cold lines to the suction point as they ran behind the gas tank. Where do they draw water?

edwin

the hot water comes off the block, the cold off the raw water intake normally between the impeller and trans cooler

SacRiverRat

Is the engine running while you are trying to opperate the shower. Mine doesn't work w/out the engine running

mcdave

unscrew the hot & cold lines where they come into the pump valve/faucet. Inspect the screens to make sure no rust or other debris has clogged it. If you see any, I would recommend unscrewing them while the boat is running to fully purge the lines of any ramaining debris. Just be careful of the hot water line, it gets scaulding hot, but that's the one that usually clogs on ours. I've also had that hot line clog on the blog end too. If so, remove the hose and blow it out clean. Then take a wire or hanger to clean the hole in the block. Poke it up into the block. Make sure it flows freely, like a faucet.

jetskipro550

WOW, edwin for once you avatar doesn't creep me out :)

thesweetlife
WOW, edwin for once you avatar doesn't creep me out :)

Kinda creeped me out, tho. Thought for a sec that it was my girlfriend and I....... ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif Just kidding everyone!!!!

cgeaves

Thanks to all for the suggestions! I won't be able to follow up until the weekend when I get back down to the lake where my boat is stored. I'll let you know.