Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Senseless Tragedy

Cipro

There is a park nearby, I had inferred that there was some party they were both attending.  At any rate, jet ski driver hit swimmer and fled.

There are a lot of teen aged jet skiers on this lake.  I had to stop pulling my daughter in the middle of a run yesterday afternoon due to one who was following directly behind us and wouldoes not respond to my arm waving.  I would really like to see some sort of requirement or something to make the riders safer.

Thoughts with the friends and families affected.

that is aweful - we see that alot where people flee after doing something (Not on Jet ski's necessarily).  Just stick around and fess up to it....makes it much better in the long run if the cops don't need to hunt you down.

There are laws about distance and following and rider down flags, what more can be done to ensure safety? TN changed the requirements for boater safety and licensing to if you're born after July 1, 1989, I think, you have to have a boaters license.

It said he struck him while he was underwater and returned to the scene and cooperated to help find him. Doesn't sound like he 'fled'.  

Can happen to anyone is a blink of an eye. Very unfortunate. 

Can you even call the cops on a driver who is driving recklessly?  I had to use my horn twice in the past week due to dangerous instances where boats were either driving right into our path, or cutting behind me as a rider fell.  I waved, honked and yelled, but only received a hand wave in response.  By the time I can even process calling and reporting it, they are usually long gone. 

A freind had wrote down the reg. numbers on a boat who's owner was totally wreckless, and called the sheriff. Sheriff called him back about 3 hours later and let us know he gave him a citation.

• Like 2